Page 42 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Chev

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi PBBIZ2 It may be worth checking the relay that operates the solenoid that BD fit on the driver side inner guard - I have replaced mine.

Regards
    Peter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peterc99 For This Useful Post:

Ropes (1st December 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all re exhaust turbine housing change to.63 - much better performance on the highway (since these engines rarely rev past 3000 there is no real problem with flow) Recent trip from NSW South Coast to Mansfield and onto 2 weeks in Victorian HC am very happy with .63 turbine.

Regards
    Peter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peterc99 For This Useful Post:

rainsey (1st December 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,685 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterc99 View Post
    Hi PBBIZ2 It may be worth checking the relay that operates the solenoid that BD fit on the driver side inner guard - I have replaced mine.

Regards
    Peter
    Peter,

carton heading your way! Asked about this possibility, nope, forget it, can't happen! Famous last words, should have known. By luck i had a relay sitting around, swapped it over and bingo - so repeated 5 times and looking good. Many thanks as i was staring down the barrel of another starter motor installation, plus BD were about to send a new starter over from WA. I will let them know to put it on hold for the next week or so.

Many many thanks.
    Phil

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Ropes (1st December 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi PBBIZ2 an easy fix (hopefully) happy to be of help.

Regards
    Peter

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter, back at square 1, replacement relay also started the same intermittent tricks, so swapped out a third, this time an 80amp unit just to confirm it wasn't a contact issue, and the starter is still reacting the same way, so its the starter motor for sure. I am waiting from one being sent from WA - on TOLL, supposed to arrive friday but didn't. Anyway, I am glad I totally excluded the relay. BD are also sending across a replacement sump kit later this week. Can't fault the service to be frank and they are standing up and taking responsibility for the issues without any pushback.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    Peter, back at square 1, replacement relay also started the same intermittent tricks, so swapped out a third, this time an 80amp unit just to confirm it wasn't a contact issue, and the starter is still reacting the same way, so its the starter motor for sure. I am waiting from one being sent from WA - on TOLL, supposed to arrive friday but didn't. Anyway, I am glad I totally excluded the relay. BD are also sending across a replacement sump kit later this week. Can't fault the service to be frank and they are standing up and taking responsibility for the issues without any pushback.
    TOLL are the slackest transport company that I have ever had to use. I instructed Brunswick not to use them for shipping anything to me.

I was waiting on a seal that Scotty sent, only to find that the TOLL courier had not only delivered it to the wrong house number, but the wrong street, then I get a card in my mail box stating that they could not deliver because no one was home...

What a load of crock.

Every time I have something transported by TOLL I always have had issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off topic, apologies Gents :-)
    I'm still absolutely stoked in my 6.5 twactor ;-)
    In fact reckon I have also proven their 'Inertia' capabilities recently to a stock LandCruiser neighbour mate. 1st gear only 2WH near walking beside it together @ under 500rpm up our steep conjoining paddocks proved it for him, lol :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (4th December 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    TOLL are the slackest transport company that I have ever had to use. I instructed Brunswick not to use them for shipping anything to me.

I was waiting on a seal that Scotty sent, only to find that the TOLL courier had not only delivered it to the wrong house number, but the wrong street, then I get a card in my mail box stating that they could not deliver because no one was home...

What a load of crock.

Every time I have something transported by TOLL I always have had issues.

BD advised the starter had been delivered to my work at 11am on friday. Nope, not there, anywhere. I will admit that every other delivery from BD has been overnight without fail. Might be this one is a bit heavier? Anyway, mentally I wasn't up to swapping out the starter again this week after the disappointment, so this week will be better - sort of.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBBIZ2 View Post
    BD advised the starter had been delivered to my work at 11am on friday. Nope, not there, anywhere. I will admit that every other delivery from BD has been overnight without fail. Might be this one is a bit heavier? Anyway, mentally I wasn't up to swapping out the starter again this week after the disappointment, so this week will be better - sort of.
    Get the Conn note number and put it up TOLL... they may have delivered it the company next door

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    Get the Conn note number and put it up TOLL... they may have delivered it the company next door

Starter direct shipped from supplier. No contact name on parcel, so it has been carted around to 20 different locations and finally ended up at reception. I tell ya, I am over this lack of detail and the long path i have to travel with this car.

I chased down some details on the installed springs with the manufacturer and they are aghast they were put into this vehicle. They should have been 100kg rated but 50kg coils were actually installed. I am struggling with trust right now.

Page 42 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast