Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    My understanding is that it's technically a "PCV" valve or vent. That being positive crankcase ventilation or something similar to that. It's purpose is to vent the blowby and other gases generated from the crankcase, not specifically the rocker cover.. so I couldn't see any real benifits to fitting another vent on the other side. I also don't see any detriment if you really wanted to.
    So what happens on the non vented side?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    So what happens on the non vented side?
    Well it's all interconnected. The oil is pumped up to the rockers and gravity feeds it's way back down to the crank case. If one rocker cover is vented the whole system is. The "non-vented" side just wouldn't see flow so to speak. As long as you're keeping good oil up to it there's no reason either side should gunk up.

Just purely speculating now but out of the 2 I would have expected the vented side to accumulate more gunk as it sees a constant flow of fumes and blow-by.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the fumes act as a bit of a scrubbing/cleaning agent as they're probably fuel rich

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to remember my old FJ modded 350 V8 petrol days, think one side had the oil filler vented cap and other had the vacuum back to Quadrajet carburettors?
    Our 6.5 diesels as you know Phil mate have the oil filler smack in the front middle so couldn’t also like O-TJ-O mate kindly mentions foresee a problem either with venting both sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Trying to remember my old FJ modded 350 V8 petrol days, think one side had the oil filler vented cap and other had the vacuum back to Quadrajet carburettors?
    Our 6.5 diesels as you know Phil mate have the oil filler smack in the front middle so couldn’t also like O-TJ-O mate kindly mentions foresee a problem either with venting both sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK, thanks. I don't think I will do anything right now it it involves removing the supercharger, and injector lines to get the rocker cover off. I spoke with the diesel mechanic in the workshop at the mine and he said its a 'nice to have' but not entirely necessry as there are vent passages around the pushrods for one that would allow pressure venting

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK guys,

I would like to see some pictures of your accelerator cable setups, at the IP end.
    I'm at the stage of running the cable and would like to see some solutions, or is there only the one obvious design.
    Bullet wanted some stupid money for a "bracket", how hard can it be?
    Thinking that the cable run will come from the front, connect to a lever on the IP? and that should be that, or am I wrong?

Also, for you P400 guys, what water temps are you running, and is keeping the airflow to the radiator as critical as the regular 6.5 motors do?
    I have in addition to the AC condenser, power steering and radiator, the engine oil cooler, trans oil cooler and intercooler heat exchanger to mount.
    Mounting all this in font of the would be a challenge at the best of times, without the cooling issues of the 6.5 in general.
    Looking at putting the "extra stuff" under the tray.

What do you guys think?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ser-6500/page6

IP Cables.jpg

I bought the stupid bracket and linkage and binned it. You needed to be a 1cm tall 8 jointed insect to install and adjust it, totally impractical, and yes, expensive. I went with the BD accelerator cable from the n/a installation. BD claimed I needed to change this to a GQ TD42 throttle cable assy, which I did, then found it would not fit, so changed it all back again. The BD cable can bee seen in the shot going over the s/c snout. The other cable is the cruise control, which has not worked since I mangled it in the fan blades. The BD cable cost be around $150 as I wanted a spare. Its a fair piece of gear.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are welcome, glad the install is going well.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update time.

Small hiccup with the torque converter, the nose locator was too long to fit into the crank.
    The guys who made up the converter popped out, picked it up and and altered and returned for a perfect fit.
    Part and parcel of pioneering a combination that was never offered by the factory.
    The engine location was changed, as I didn't like the offset, now all central, millimetre perfect.
    Radiator fan shroud fits as intended, exhaust done to the rear axle, hydro-boost going in next.
    I'm looking at putting both batteries under the tray to remove weight from the front of vehicle.
    Now onto the integration of the sub systems.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, first post.
    I have disconnected my throttle linkage after a few beers, to reposition the way it ran from under the intercooler bracket to over and am having trouble reconnecting it properly. Any chance of pictures to help what it looks like. Thanks in advance for helping rectify my mistake...

Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast