Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update time.

Engine location 2.0 is now final.
    Oilpan to axle housing clearance is good, engine to dash panel is good, and engine fan to radiator is good.
    Supercharcharger to hood panel is tight, touches on insulator, however, the insulator in that region is quite thick, so trimming is an option.

IMG_8606.jpg

Next on the list is to get the exhaust headers sorted.
    This may well be the biggest challenge, as on the drivers side is bugger all room, need to get creative for this.

that is all.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (24th August 2019), MB (24th August 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update,

Pic to show the oilpan clearance. I'm happy with the way the oilpan clears, no issues when the springs are taken out and the chassis is on the bump stops.
    Pic to show the exhaust, will be running the supplied manifolds until its on the road, will assess and see if custom one are needed.
    The clearance is tight, and the supplied manifolds not too "sporty", however I'll see how the P400 performs.
    20190907_100600.jpg
    20190907_100814.jpg
    20190907_100821.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

MB (7th September 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see the progress. What clearance do you have sitting on the bumpstops for the sump? Did you nick a corner out of the sump to get the clearance? If its close I would consider solid blocks to be honest as its better to hit these than put a dent in the sump I would think. You certainly have more clearance around your motor than I do. I am not sure hydraulic units would help unless they are set up to bottom out - I still have these for consideration on mine, however my coils are just about right I reckon - Dobinson 110kg constant rate units from memory on the front - guys in the dandenong shop set them up for me - very helpful.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming along fast now Ralph mate, exciting stuff
    Does look very sump close to the axle customised, hopefully articulations don’t clip left or right too, could well be camera angle and my icrapple tiny screen!
    Any calculations yet mate on sump capacity now and auxiliary reservoir ideas you may have?
    Keen to add a few extra litres to my old NA twactor shed queen one day sooner than later hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Good to see the progress. What clearance do you have sitting on the bumpstops for the sump? Did you nick a corner out of the sump to get the clearance? If its close I would consider solid blocks to be honest as its better to hit these than put a dent in the sump I would think. You certainly have more clearance around your motor than I do. I am not sure hydraulic units would help unless they are set up to bottom out - I still have these for consideration on mine, however my coils are just about right I reckon - Dobinson 110kg constant rate units from memory on the front - guys in the dandenong shop set them up for me - very helpful.
    Hi PB, the bumpstop clearance is 25mm, the oilpan was modified by BD and it seems to fit, which is a miracle considering what Greg has supplied.
    The hydo's would be an option as you can control the "hit rate", but I'll see how it handles the bumps when the truck gets mobile.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (7th September 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Coming along fast now Ralph mate, exciting stuff
    Does look very sump close to the axle customised, hopefully articulations don’t clip left or right too, could well be camera angle and my icrapple tiny screen!
    Any calculations yet mate on sump capacity now and auxiliary reservoir ideas you may have?
    Keen to add a few extra litres to my old NA twactor shed queen one day sooner than later hopefully

Hi MB,

Have not looked into the oil capacity side of things just yet, the pic does make it look close tho.
    I'm thinking that being flat on both bump stops might be enough, but will see when mobile.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

MB (7th September 2019), PeeBee (7th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate, keep us posted

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about the rocker cover vent, which is only on the drivers side bank of the engine. Why isn't there a similar vent on the passenger side? Is there any advantage of venting this rocker cover? I read an article last night where there was a noticeable build up of gunk in the non vented side cover. If I went ahead and vented the passenger side as well, would it create any problems? I have a catch can for the drivers side. Also, wonder if I could simply buy a drivers side rocker cover and install it on the passenger side?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thinking about the rocker cover vent, which is only on the drivers side bank of the engine. Why isn't there a similar vent on the passenger side? Is there any advantage of venting this rocker cover? I read an article last night where there was a noticeable build up of gunk in the non vented side cover. If I went ahead and vented the passenger side as well, would it create any problems? I have a catch can for the drivers side. Also, wonder if I could simply buy a drivers side rocker cover and install it on the passenger side?
    My understanding is that it's technically a "PCV" valve or vent. That being positive crankcase ventilation or something similar to that. It's purpose is to vent the blowby and other gases generated from the crankcase, not specifically the rocker cover.. so I couldn't see any real benifits to fitting another vent on the other side. I also don't see any detriment if you really wanted to.

Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast