Page 75 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Chev

Thanks
    Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going on the 'secondary' charge wire we are adding soon Phil. The existing wire is staying in place also. 'Bursons' only had the 150a fuse in stock and the next size up to order was 175a so went the safest option for now. I just wanna get up in the mountains ASAP, can't wait any longer :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,730 Times in 2,681 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the PTO Hydraulic Pump installation, finally, but have a weeping fitting and its in a nightmare location, so trying to convince myself I need some more pain to fix it. Line speed is variable depending on engine speed. With the engine ticking over at 500rpm, I get about 1.5m/min, and at the other end at 1400rpm I am seeing around 6m/min, on low speed (approx 4 times this on high speed but capacity is down to around 4000lbs, so more for line retrieval on high)which is similar to the 15000lb warn electric on the rear. Pressure set at 2500psi, but will assess if this is adequate or not. Pump is rated to 3000psi and winch motor 4000psi. Runs quiet as a mouse and smooth. System holds about 2.5L, and I am looking to increase that over time with a second reservoir, bit hard to find an adequate spot of it at the moment. One final boot to install in the cabin that will seal the floor off.

Next job, relocate the ARB difflock compressor and install the Endless Air Pump.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (6th June 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leak fixed, 2 hrs to nip a nut up a tiny amount, so frustrating. Anyway, all good and ready to use without losing a truckload of fluid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (6th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick recent trip footage up the mountains. Love my 6.5NA for its awesome compression downhill and even better crank inertia uphill :-) https://youtu.be/vk1rVg6tbv4 Found some quick humility soon after that my 150psi chassis air tank and lockers are poorly plumbed and flooding solenoids with moisture/icing up totally/scary disabled:-( https://youtu.be/TKNqMLD5qOM Good news to share for the recently installed 170amp GQTD alternator though! Powered the newly revamped Warn HM Iskra/Mahle motor without a sweat, just kept hauling up that slippery ledge with lockers gone, my saviour :-) https://youtu.be/AfAEzIx_0f0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

AB (7th June 2017), PeeBee (7th June 2017), Touses (7th June 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added a 2.5L oil reservoir to the hydraulic system today, all straight forward, just more time on the ground doing it. Now for the original hyd pump removal and installation of endless air compressor - when does it end???

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ROFL... it never ends... you know that :-)

Just wormed my way out from underneath mine after shuffling around with a rag spanner and inspection light checking everything is as it should be.
    Not a lot of room with the extra size of the 4L85 tranny in there and the transfer case having had to be moved back so pays to keep an eye no lines/hoses/looms etc have moved or are rubbing.
    Had to replace a couple of cable ties here and there but otherwise all tickety boo.

I run my endless air of the A/C drive pulley.
    The pulley is wide enough to allow for the Serpy belt and a narrow second belt for the Air.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (18th June 2017), PeeBee (19th June 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    ROFL... it never ends... you know that :-)

Just wormed my way out from underneath mine after shuffling around with a rag spanner and inspection light checking everything is as it should be.
    Not a lot of room with the extra size of the 4L85 tranny in there and the transfer case having had to be moved back so pays to keep an eye no lines/hoses/looms etc have moved or are rubbing.
    Had to replace a couple of cable ties here and there but otherwise all tickety boo.

I run my endless air of the A/C drive pulley.
    The pulley is wide enough to allow for the Serpy belt and a narrow second belt for the Air.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have two choices, either take the original hyd pump out and use the additional 'A' section drive pulley off the PS pump I have configured, or move the ARB diff Lock compressor to where the Hyd pump is, then slot the endless air under the second alternator and use a belt drive off the alternator. Either one is HOURS OF FUN for sure.

I know what you mean about opportunity for rubbing as everything on this installation is so close fitting. The exhaust is really rigid, and runs really close to some metal tubes on the chassis, maybe 2mm clearance, so these will be watched for sure. I don't know how this will last over time with such little give in it, especially with body/chassis movement and corrugations - just have to wait and see.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th June 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    So you made up two of everything required for modification Mark, 'ol mate????
    Mark, I am not happy with the warranty Mitsu alternator, seems to be voltage limited to circa 13.8V or thereabouts - totally over this. Can you recall exactly the parts you bought to do the minor mods or is the description about as close as you can remember? As always i am looking fora reason to pour more money down the throat of this beast!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phil mate, it's parked up in the shed at the moment whilst I get stuck into my air line issues. You're welcome to come and grab the alternator with custom fittings if you want to take with you to Pirtek out your way for matching.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (18th June 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Hey Phil mate, it's parked up in the shed at the moment whilst I get stuck into my air line issues. You're welcome to come and grab the alternator with custom fittings if you want to take with you to Pirtek out your way for matching.
    Thanks mark, will get the unit fist. Just heading out with my wife to go TV stand furniture shopping - absolutely thrilled beyond belief.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (19th June 2017)

Page 75 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast