Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    jayco built down to a price
    yes i agree, i am a big bloke and lifted the seat cushions of the Jayco before i went eh camper trailer and thought id break them quickly. Look nice though and the convenience of the Jayco is very nice.

Your right Mudski, as long as the purchase price was in line with the product them make the changes. if you paid big bux then the quality should be there, its reasonable.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I copied and pasted my review, with a little editing. Just waiting on the moderators to o.k my review. Don't like my chances.
    They may be in contact with you to verify your claims as they have to be carefully what they allow but fingers x

We have had two reviews on us removed as one was a competitor who gave us and another a bad review , the other was some moron commenting to get in a competition

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well bugger me they posted my rant on True Local...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

megatexture (25th January 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Well bugger me they posted my rant on True Local...
    It's been put up and they will get a notification that a review has been posted and when they look at it and possibly report it it will be removed pending investigation and that's when they may contact you.. But that's only if they report it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

mudski (25th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been surprised by some of the comments in this thread about camper trailers. I have one, and love it. My wife loves it. They are not the convenience of a caravan but a lot easier to store when not in use. I would without hesitation take mine to the top end or across AU. I believe in the old adage, you get what you pay for, you pay what you can afford. I believe they all come with there problems, you either fix it yourself or put up with it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve4wdin For This Useful Post:

megatexture (26th January 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here I've taken ours over some rough terrain in the past and wouldn't think twice about it ( not a mdc ).
    it was a basic camper when we got it, and we have modified it to suit our needs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah don't get me wrong my Tambo is built for the roughest terrain. That was the point. I have taken it across some very tough country and it past with flying colours. I would have no hesitation taking it to the tip.

Not long after buying the camper some really crappy club politics kinda wrecked that whole experience for me and I have not used it much since damn it. I had intended to get a mountain of use.

In saying that I have also set myself up for remote touring running light and would now choose to travel light into the hardest stuff with the OZ tent and avoid the duress on the equipment both vehicle and trailer. Hence doing the Simpson with the OzTent and the flinders with the trailer.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah don't get me wrong my Tambo is built for the roughest terrain. That was the point. I have taken it across some very tough country and it past with flying colours. I would have no hesitation taking it to the tip.

Not long after buying the camper some really crappy club politics kinda wrecked that whole experience for me and I have not used it much since damn it. I had intended to get a mountain of use.

In saying that I have also set myself up for remote touring running light and would now choose to travel light into the hardest stuff with the OZ tent and avoid the duress on the equipment both vehicle and trailer. Hence doing the Simpson with the OzTent and the flinders with the trailer.
    Have they banned use of them on club trips?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    Have they banned use of them on club trips?
    No they turned out to be pretty Average people! Sometimes true colours come shining through mate and they let you down.

People can be very disappointing sometimes. Shame.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

megatexture (27th January 2014), Steve4wdin (26th January 2014), Woof (17th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trailer Ute Swag.jpgReady to go.jpgI think the clubs ban them for insurance reasons and holding up other members if something goes wrong.
    I've built my camper using the best quality gear available as in Orac off road greasable shackle leaf springs
    I might fit shockers yet not sure. I also use an O'Brien off road coupling which I find easy to set up.
    Cant see the chassis breaking as its 40x40x3 fully welded with a triple 100x50 draw bar 1800 long.
    Tows great very stable, easy to set up etc. but I wouldn't take it across the Simmo just for somewhere to sleep for 3 days.
    Nor would I take it to the Tip. Infact I'm just about to sell it as its overkill for be being solo all the time
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast