User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MDC Camper Trailer

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds a bit like the GIC saga, promoted by Roothy and of similar quality to your experience with MDC.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Sounds a bit like the GIC saga, promoted by Roothy and of similar quality to your experience with MDC.
    The actual structural side of things to me look good. Its the way they went in adding all the "bolt on bits" to the trailer. We won't be doing any "off road" adventures in it. Too farkin heavy for that. Plus we have kids and the amount of crap they bring, plus the wife, amounts to as much as the trailer in weight...
    When the kids don't want to go camping anymore or have moved out etc etc then I will get a real off road camper just for the two of us.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep have to agree, picked ours up just before Christmas after sitting in the waiting room (display model) for 2.5 hrs after we were told we could pick it up. Multiple issues straight away (ie. wrong poles, insufficient poles, broken drain on kitchen sink, missing drain hose, steps don't seal, pin hole in fridge compartment about 2mm diameter and the tent wasn't secured on trailer properly) just to name a few. While there have been a lot of hassles and the trailer still isn't fixed we took it on a 4 night camp trip and it is very comfortable and easy to use and tow. All in all shocking and I mean absolutely shocking quality standards apron collection they are all pretty easy fixes BUT after paying over 20k for a camper trailer I shouldn't be putting in a warranty claim less then a month after taking receipt.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Warwick89 For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (25th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwick89 View Post
    Yep have to agree, picked ours up just before Christmas after sitting in the waiting room (display model) for 2.5 hrs after we were told we could pick it up. Multiple issues straight away (ie. wrong poles, insufficient poles, broken drain on kitchen sink, missing drain hose, steps don't seal, pin hole in fridge compartment about 2mm diameter and the tent wasn't secured on trailer properly) just to name a few. While there have been a lot of hassles and the trailer still isn't fixed we took it on a 4 night camp trip and it is very comfortable and easy to use and tow. All in all shocking and I mean absolutely shocking quality standards apron collection they are all pretty easy fixes BUT after paying over 20k for a camper trailer I shouldn't be putting in a warranty claim less then a month after taking receipt.
    Thanks for sharing.
    That's a pretty long list of faults.
    By the time they fix it all it will be well and truly second hand.
    Push for a replacement unit maybe.
    But we all know that'll never happen.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    That's a pretty long list of faults.
    By the time they fix it all it will be well and truly second hand.
    Push for a replacement unit maybe.
    But we all know that'll never happen.
    I'd rather push for a refund. But I have already fixed half the issues and will be modifying the others. After that and after if add a few things I will end up a much better camper.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its still a trailer and a tent for what $20K get serious
    Better off getting a Jayco dove and fitting 16" wheels to it
    Then you have medium off road ability, cause its got be beat why you want to take a trailer 4x4ing
    Plus a kitchen and plenty of beds etc for little ones
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

gaddy (25th January 2014), MudRunnerTD (25th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Its still a trailer and a tent for what $20K get serious
    Better off getting a Jayco dove and fitting 16" wheels to it
    Then you have medium off road ability, cause its got be beat why you want to take a trailer 4x4ing
    Plus a kitchen and plenty of beds etc for little ones

It's interesting. I own a Tambo Camper and it's a good unit. Spent about $16k on it at the time and got it how I wanted it. I have added a heap of stuff to it too.

In hindsight a Jayco Outback would have been a much smarter buy. A little more out of pocket but you should not tow a camper across the likes of the Simpson and CSR anyway!

Go the Jayco Off-road for my money next time.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

threedogs (25th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ MR I would not want to burden other 4x4ers for my short comings on my camper if it failed where ever.
    I would never tow to the Cape, CSR or the simmo. too much pressure on other users when it fails
    Still RLMFAO $20k for a 6x4 trailer and a tent, there are good ones out there but for what they ask no way
    Jayco Dove for me when the time comes
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    It's interesting. I own a Tambo Camper and it's a good unit. Spent about $16k on it at the time and got it how I wanted it. I have added a heap of stuff to it too.

In hindsight a Jayco Outback would have been a much smarter buy. A little more out of pocket but you should not tow a camper across the likes of the Simpson and CSR anyway!

Go the Jayco Off-road for my money next time.
    jayco built down to a price
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? Not point listening to the should haves, I will just make mine better, which im already doing. I will bother about a better camper just fir me and the missus when the kids get sick of it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast