Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need some advice on buying GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asked the guy about the under body pics and this was his response:

The photos under are to show there are no oil leaks on diff, I could have painted but this is genuine from1992. no problem to paint, no rust on body parts. Been to Frazer & Double Island (approx. once a year) and to Cape York. Springs bought in 1992 TJM. Under body & Total vehicle was rustproofed. Never had any rust in vehicle, rear quarter window frames have some rust, but are sealed and ok.

What you see is surface lacking paint, years of sand & dirt striping off the paint. It shows no oil leaks. Springs have been on since 1992 TJM. Been. On Fraser & Double Island, been to Cape York All original it has been rust proofed on the underbody. Can take more under body pics & send direct to your email. Garantee never had any rust.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is an 89 and the bloke I bought it off had it for 16 years and used to do regular family beach trips. It looks nothing like that and to my knowledge has not been painted, just good rustproofing from day one. Not to say don't buy it but just as others say look very closely and be careful, buy with your head there are plenty others out there!!!!
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 89gqpatrol4x4 View Post
    Mine is an 89 and the bloke I bought it off had it for 16 years and used to do regular family beach trips. It looks nothing like that and to my knowledge has not been painted, just good rustproofing from day one. Not to say don't buy it but just as others say look very closely and be careful, buy with your head there are plenty others out there!!!!
    will do mate, thx for your help. Gonna go have a look at it on weekend

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funnily enough, if you take something with that rust, and drive it for 12 months, alot of it will appear very minor, if its been sitting I would not be surprised to see that rust on it. If its been driven daily still and its that rusty I would think thats unusual. but if it has sat, alot of rust breaks out in a short while
    97 patrol coilcab ute. 4" lift, snorkel, 315/75R16 cooper S/T's. and about 200rwhp and some expensive bits and pieces

Organising a group buy for 63% transfer reduction gears, check the link here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123