The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Think that defeats the purpose of fitting a Dawes in the first place.
    Mine tops out at 15psi and very spritely if I say so
    No it doesn't. The dawes is there to stop the massive fluctuations by limiting the boost pressure, how much boost pressure is up to the user. I was and most still say and use 15-16psi as thats as much as you could go before hitting limp mode. You couldn't go any higher. But if you can its a different story. I will be fitting up a two stage controller soon too so I can have two different settings on the fly.
    I will add that the pin from the grenade getting pulled is not from high boost, its from high cylinder temps, usually from boost fluctuations, no EGR block, and then from high speed and too low boost which in turn increases the cylinder temps. Higher boost as everyone knows equates to lower EGT's.

Getting off topic anyhow, continuous high boost I don't is an issue for the OP. I tow my camper it's very reluctant to go up any big hills. I can sit on 100-110k fine on the flat but if I approach any kind on incline, even if its small, the car does slow down. So if your o.k with that, I am to a point, your all good. If not the TB48 would be better for towing that anything. But you can literally watch the fuel gauge drop whilst driving and towing too.
    Last edited by mudski; 3rd January 2014 at 10:21 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PMC (17th January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys sorry to interrupt i only just purchased my 3.0lt diesel gu and was wondering what is the best mod for more torque and power?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12