Thread: resale value.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    I think a lot of folk would look at a fully tricked out truck & assume there was a good chance it had been knocked around off road, subject to wear & tear. For some knowlegeable folk this could say ‘Capable’, but to others ‘could have been ‘abused/hammered’, hence the attractiveness of the ‘Toorak tractor’ driven by the little old lady driving to church on Sundays only.
    This is why I own the truck I have. Could not find the one I wanted so got what I got at what I think was a good price. As some would know a great toy.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Are you thinking of selling ben-e?
    Come on Matt. That is his missus. Cost alot of money like all. However this one has given him more pleasure than any woman.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Are you thinking of selling ben-e?
    No way.... I have been thinking about this since those $30k GQ's showed up.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it's like buying a period home to renovate. Often you see fully renovated period homes selling for only a small premium over a "renovators dream" bomb site.
    Most people prefer to start with the blank canvas and do it their way rather than pay for someone else's potential renovation blunder.
    I think what Cuppa said has some validity too

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Perhaps it's like buying a period home to renovate. Often you see fully renovated period homes selling for only a small premium over a "renovators dream" bomb site.
    Most people prefer to start with the blank canvas and do it their way rather than pay for someone else's potential renovation blunder.
    I think what Cuppa said has some validity too
    Yes they are valid points, but my question isnt about if people prefer to buy a stock patrol to modify or a modified one, its about at what point do people think modifification makes it worth that little bit more.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    might be for what you can insure them for to...I got the shock of my week when I filled out a quote form for mine with all the extra's the came back with a insured value of 21 grand.plus 3 grand of camping gear...so if that's what it's worth written off why not ask for it before it goes over the edge...just a thought....
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    at what point do people think modifification makes it worth that little bit more.
    I reckon that depends on a combination of what sort of parts have been used and what it looks like.
    6+ inch lift, no sway bars, big guard chops etc. I imagine would have (most) people looking elsewhere whereas high quality components, in proportion and looking tidy is more likely to get the cash.
    A degree of "uniqueness", whatever that equals would help push up the value too.
    I've always liked really capable vehicles (of whatever type) that don't scream out "Look at me" that's what I would pay extra for but that's just my personal choice.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's only worth what someone is prepared to pay......... IMO, I don't care how much has been spent on mods, they're the GQs are still 16-23 years old. I've had plenty of arguments in the past with dealers who are trying to make extra coin because the cars got certain accessories or mods.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If buying you would like to see some big ticket items already fitted, like a bull bar and winch.
    Most will have a 2" lift even if a bit sagged, and possibly a roof rack.
    Everything on my Patrol I put there for a reason, it's never ending but getting there
    I brought mine as a stocker but even having a bulbar would have saved me heaps
    if I do buy another certain accessories will be coming off for sure
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it really depends on the Mods Bene.

Worthless mods include lift (any lift nearly is worthless) bull bar and Chinese winch hold little value, dual batteries, storage drawers, cargo barrier, lights are all worthless IMO.

I really believe the only marketable Mods that one should expect a little more for would be Air Lockers front and rear bring maybe $1000 premium (for a $3000 investment) and an after market Turbo $1000 to $2000 premium on a TD (for a +$3,500 to $4,500 investment)

A TD 42 seems to attract anywhere from an extra $5000 to $15,000 for a GUIV.

My 2c
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast