Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

resale value.

G'day.

How far do you think a patrol has to be modified before it can justify a premium on resale value?

Granted I am fully aware thet you never make your money back on parts, but going on what I see for sale modification wise and some of the prices for a patrol with basically entry level gear are the same price as the patrols that have gone the extra using quality gear. (Both with what I think is a premium price)
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree mate..... now lets sit around a fire and drink beer and discuss in more detail!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people like to have a blank canvas to work on. I was happy to buy a stock Q because it had an easy life.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I think a lot of people like to have a blank canvas to work on. I was happy to buy a stock Q because it had an easy life.
    Yeah I understand that, but it is not the question, I see stockers or close to it for less than a modified one.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon some of he prices I have seen for a stocker with a TD42 have been unbelievable! I see TB42s for $2,500 all the time but rary see a TD for under $8k

I reckon Bene that if you have spent the coin on decent mods then it's reasonable that they are worth "something". The smart thing to do though is strip the good bits off, detune it if you like and present mild over wild for a better return. Sell the bits off for profit or fit to another car.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

kind (22nd December 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the stockers have less kms or their owner think they can ask a high price on a vehicle only run to the shops etc while the guys with the fully tricked truck think it is worth a high value due to the gear added? Who knows. Me, I like close to stock personally so I cando the mods and learn along the way
    Seemed like a good idea at the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I reckon some of he prices I have seen for a stocker with a TD42 have been unbelievable! I see TB42s for $2,500 all the time but rary see a TD for under $8k

I reckon Bene that if you have spent the coin on decent mods then it's reasonable that they are worth "something". The smart thing to do though is strip the good bits off, detune it if you like and present mild over wild for a better return. Sell the bits off for profit or fit to another car.
    Yeah That would be smarter thing for return, That is definatly the way I would do it if I was ever going to sell, which I wont. It will rust and die in my possession. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SonOf View Post
    maybe the stockers have less kms or their owner think they can ask a high price on a vehicle only run to the shops etc while the guys with the fully tricked truck think it is worth a high value due to the gear added? Who knows. Me, I like close to stock personally so I cando the mods and learn along the way
    But I dont think a stocker should fetch a premium, something that has just been used to run to the shops, never in 4wd, tells me that the front end and the transfer case could be neglected ( even though its unused, seals can dry up etc,

Short start stop trips to the shops, says to me that there is more chance of sludge deposits than a well used ( not flogged) engine no matter what make.
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 20th December 2013 at 09:00 PM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Yeah That would be smarter thing for return, That is definatly the way I would do it if I was ever going to sell, which I wont. It will rust and die in my possession. .

Yeah I reckon mine might end up being Zach's first car!! Lucky little sh1t
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (20th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of folk would look at a fully tricked out truck & assume there was a good chance it had been knocked around off road, subject to wear & tear. For some knowlegeable folk this could say ‘Capable’, but to others ‘could have been ‘abused/hammered’, hence the attractiveness of the ‘Toorak tractor’ driven by the little old lady driving to church on Sundays only.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you thinking of selling ben-e?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast