Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: resale value.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you can look at them like houses in the way of over capitalising..

If you buy a house for 100 thou in a street for of 150 thou houses and spend 100thou referbing it, your not going to make it back..

As mentioned before. Their pushing 16-20+ years.
    Your nuts if you spend 30k on a gq. Insurance will laugh at you, and so will your mate.

Things like quality bar work, winch, lockers and maybe fresh paint will increase $$$ value.

Lifts, mags, stereo. Waste of time.

How did those GQ's go anyway..?
    Last edited by BigRAWesty; 22nd December 2013 at 07:44 AM.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    If you buy a house for 100 thou in a street for of 150 thou houses and spend 100thou referbing it, your an idiot. Lol

As mentioned before. Their pushing 16-20+ years.
    Your nuts if you spend 30k on a gq. Insurance will laugh at you, and so will your mate.
    BS, Why???

It is each individuals choice what and how they spend $$$ on their assets, ie. If I wanted to live in a nice freshly done up house in a shitty street, what's wrong with that? or If I was building a GQ for a particular purpose and it cost me $30G's, why am I an idiot?
    Insurance won't be a problem and me mates will be farking jealous...LOL

Lets not call people idiots for spending money on something they want to. However they will be truly disappointed if they think they can recover original value when they try to sell, and they are an idiot if they do this as an investment to make a profit ..LOL
    Last edited by Maxhead; 22nd December 2013 at 07:37 AM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (22nd December 2013), Thirsty (27th December 2013), Winnie (22nd December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Young guy in our street paid $19K for an 89 GQ, 2 yrs ago. sure it had plenty done to it.
    He cut his losses and now drives a 2006 GU TD, with a 4" lift
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (22nd December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    BS, Why???

It is each individuals choice what and how they spend $$$ on their assets, ie. If I wanted to live in a nice freshly done up house in a shitty street, what's wrong with that? or If I was building a GQ for a particular purpose and it cost me $30G's, why am I an idiot?
    Insurance won't be a problem and me mates will be farking jealous...LOL

Lets not call people idiots for spending money on something they want to. However they will be truly disappointed if they think they can recover original value when they try to sell, and they are an idiot if they do this as an investment to make a profit ..LOL
    No not an idiot if you want it, but if your looking to do up and sell then I think you gotta be careful not to over capitalise.
    And have edited post
    Last edited by BigRAWesty; 22nd December 2013 at 07:45 AM.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to ask yourself are people getting the asking price when selling. (eBay has a search function where you can search for items that actually sold, and find out how much).

Whilst overseas I noticed that you could buy anything. Everything is for sale - at a price. I know people that have their house permanently listed for sale at some stupid price. No intention of moving. Perhaps some car owners do this too.

The same goes for stuff from eBay. You can buy a mass produced item from China for not much. The same product will probably be listed multiple times and the price often ranges from normal Chinese cheap to expensive in anyone's books. This is for lazy people, those that don't know how to search, and those with too much money.

Not everyone has that DIY urge, but just wants a prebuilt vehicle ready to go.

And finally there are those on a time limit, that want to get out and drive, rather than spend time on mods.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P4trol View Post
    I know people that have their house permanently listed for sale at some stupid price. No intention of moving. Perhaps some car owners do this too.
    Funny you say that (a bit off topic) but a mate of mine who is into boats always says the same thing; that there are two types of people selling boats, those who actually want to sell and the price reflects that and those who want to trade up to a bigger one and have their current boat permanently listed at a stupid price, hoping someone will come along and pay it.......

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i watched my brother put $40k+ into a torana 20 years ago and when he sold it he only got $12k for it it would be worth that $40k now. I think its what your willing to spend on the vehicle yourself and hang onto for a long time, cars are a de-preciating commodity its only when they get to a point of rarity will you see them go up in price. EG. phase 3 GT's.

whatever you put into/onto your vehicle is for you and if someone else doesn't want to spend that and buy one already done at a premium price then its more fool them. you get what yu pay for and its up to you to enjoy it.

I personally believe that these people asking 40-60g for a 04-06 td42 are effing dreaming and i refuse to think about paying for it but someone else may see it differently

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As has already been mentioned by Clunk, Westie and Nisshead, I believe that you can spend whatever you want to on your vehicle but at the end of the day, if you're trying to sell it, it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I know what has been spent on my wagon, with the engine conversion as well as transmission conversion. Am I ever going to get that cost back if I sell it? Not unless you want it as much as I did and money is no object.

As for the original thread question, IMO, it still boils down to what you want to spend (and for what purpose) and how much someone wants to pay for what you have created....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gecko17 For This Useful Post:

Thirsty (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I think it really depends on the Mods Bene.

Worthless mods include lift (any lift nearly is worthless) bull bar and Chinese winch hold little value, dual batteries, storage drawers, cargo barrier, lights are all worthless IMO.

I really believe the only marketable Mods that one should expect a little more for would be Air Lockers front and rear bring maybe $1000 premium (for a $3000 investment) and an after market Turbo $1000 to $2000 premium on a TD (for a +$3,500 to $4,500 investment)

A TD 42 seems to attract anywhere from an extra $5000 to $15,000 for a GUIV.

My 2c
    My thoughts exactly mate.
    Most mods wear, especially if used for their intended purpose. Not worth much in my opinion.
    Though I did sell a 3k maverick for 8k including mods lol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Think when buying a done up truck its a buyers market. I recently bought a done up truck because there is no way I could afford doing it myself.
    The truck ( listed below in my signature) was origionaly advertised for 39k, I bought it for $31750. (77500k on the clock). After going and pricing what the extras were ( I went onto all the websites for the brands it had) it came to over 20k worth. There was no way I could afford that. The guy I got it from said he really only had tyre kickers at 39k. Its now insured for 43k ( Maximum the insurance co would allow)
    Dan
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123