Thread: Group Buy, 63% transfer reduction for GQ/GU

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA, dont make me put up my list of things to do :P
    crossed a few off the other week, went out to sundown NP(really good fun, not super hardcore, just fun wheeling) came home with a leaking steering box. thats after 2 rebuilds in 50K and a headgasket inbetween those!
    97 patrol coilcab ute. 4" lift, snorkel, 315/75R16 cooper S/T's. and about 200rwhp and some expensive bits and pieces

Organising a group buy for 63% transfer reduction gears, check the link here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, last calls guys, anyone else wanna come onboard?
    Will be ordering this week.

Cheers, Andy
    97 patrol coilcab ute. 4" lift, snorkel, 315/75R16 cooper S/T's. and about 200rwhp and some expensive bits and pieces

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, for those playing at home, just a quick update.
    I have 2 spare sets ordered, so if someone wants a set, just let me know.
    The order has been placed but the production time has grown. This is because marks has lots of work on, more than when the original inquiry was made, and I recieved further correspondence yesterday clarifying the extended times

"We are currently waiting on a cutter from Japan before we can finish your gears as well as another batch of our 24 and 43% gears.

I have still been told 15 weeks but they hope to have them done sooner. Waiting on the cutter is what makes us uncertain on the exact timeframe, I will let you know how things progess."

So as you can see, I only know so much, will update thread as I know more, but it will be what it will be

Cheers, Andy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to love ke70 For This Useful Post:

89gqpatrol4x4 (5th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Andy for update. I am holding my breath!
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all who are interested my 63% reduction gears came today. The day before we head of to the snow so they wont be installed for that but a couple of weeks after I get back they will be going in and I will be testing them immediately.Its taken six months since it was first brought up but I bet it will be worth the wait, will let you know how they go, and a final thanks to Andy for organising them for all of us, cheers mate.
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubba View Post
    To all who are interested my 63% reduction gears came today. The day before we head of to the snow so they wont be installed for that but a couple of weeks after I get back they will be going in and I will be testing them immediately.Its taken six months since it was first brought up but I bet it will be worth the wait, will let you know how they go, and a final thanks to Andy for organising them for all of us, cheers mate.
    85's woulda been heaps better

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe, lets test them out first.
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubba View Post
    maybe, lets test them out first.
    You know I'm right

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah, nah, nah
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    85's woulda been heaps better
    I have had 85% fitted to my GU Patrol for a number of years now and reckon the following:

1) perfect for Victorian high country (or similar) - at the time I was spending a lot of time in the VHC so installed the 85% just for that driving- crawls up any hill without any crashing and bashing or wheel spinning - excellent for downhill braking - can bring heavy GU to a stop on some pretty steep hills if I want to

2) Have done the Simpson, Anne Beadell, Canning and spent a LOT of time in West McDonald, Pilbara and Kimberley towing a Conqueror UEV490 did a great job - didn't get stopped/bogged on a single dune - again very sedate - no bashing crashing BUT felt the 85% was too low overall - revs were high - fuel consumption was high - but did the job very well

SUMMARY

Now that I have changed my driving profile (full time grey nomad for the last 5 years now and towing a camper) where I am going into more "average" locations when compared to VHC - If someone said to me I will pay the changeover costs for you to go to 65% and I will have your 85% (hint hint) I definitely would

But if I was still spending as much time in VHC as I used to then I would stay with my 85%

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiAngler For This Useful Post:

GUtsy ute (5th July 2014)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast