Thread: Group Buy, 63% transfer reduction for GQ/GU

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info there Kiwi
    Glad you got the gears chubba, shame you did not get them in before your trip though.
    remember 4 months of the 6 months was production time, and Marks still actually do not have the cutter they are waiting on, so as far as I am aware, are not even producing their standard sets at the moment as the cost to get them ground they way they did ours was rather prohibitive lol

Cheers, Andy
    97 patrol coilcab ute. 4" lift, snorkel, 315/75R16 cooper S/T's. and about 200rwhp and some expensive bits and pieces

Organising a group buy for 63% transfer reduction gears, check the link here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are just back on-line with their normal cutters now. Broke two sets was the reason I was told there were delays.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that must be new, 2 weeks ago they were still waiting for the new machine from Japan.
    Glad they are up and running.
    97 patrol coilcab ute. 4" lift, snorkel, 315/75R16 cooper S/T's. and about 200rwhp and some expensive bits and pieces

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

As this buy was such a success and I have had a number of people contacting me chasing a set after the buy had closed, I am actually going to run a second group buy. everything is the same as the first time round, so just check the first post and only put your name down if you are a definite

Cheers, Andy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to love ke70 For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (7th July 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Andy, Great job mate!!!.

When is the first trip to test them out
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My POS is in the shop again,
    and when it comes out the shop I prob wont have time to fit them, so might get them done at a shop, as the box has started throwing itself out of first I have the feeling its not going to be cheap to get the gears fitted and the box fixed, so may be a few weeks yet...
    Been never ending since I built the motor in this thing....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by love ke70 View Post
    My POS is in the shop again,
    and when it comes out the shop I prob wont have time to fit them, so might get them done at a shop, as the box has started throwing itself out of first I have the feeling its not going to be cheap to get the gears fitted and the box fixed, so may be a few weeks yet...
    Been never ending since I built the motor in this thing....
    Whats the deal with the new motor? Do you have a thread on the other forum?
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah no thread on the truck, never get enough time to update anyway lol

I built it myself and had the machine work done by a shop, New GU head, GU pistons, pump and turbo etc, was meant to be bullet proof.

Couldnt keep coolant in the thing, finally decided it was combustion pressure pushing into the coolant jacket pumping it out the overflow.
    that was less than 12 months and 25K
    did the gasket and about 8 months later, 20K, it was doing it again, pulled it down and had a proper look this time, found it to be a liner was below deck height, so shop built motor under warranty and I re-installed.

15K after that, just a few weeks ago, it chewed out the keyway as I must of not got the pulley all the way back when I put the crank pulley back on (note from the wise, run the nut up tight against the pulley, then take it off and install the cone, cause with the cone it wont push the pulley back).

Got that back 2 weeks ago, went out to janowen that weekend, all was good, smashed some good hills, then I was heading to agnes water for a job, just outside of gympie I look at temp gauge, needle is pinned against the stop, over 120 on the gauge, went phark, wasnt like that moments ago, coolant pissing everywhere, no power steer, alternator light on.

pop bonnet, its throwing coolant 2 metres out the over flow bottle and all 3 belts are either missing or tied in a not around the pulleys.

I rang the workshop and said wtf have you done, I paid you to do the remove and re-install on the motor when doing the crank so as to avoid having any dramas, and less than 2 weeks later its just dropped its shit and I am stranded, and now my radiator is split, the deal was, hassle free motoring.

they say the radiator let go which made the belt spit off, so I dunno whether that is the case or the belts lost their shit and the pressure and heat split the rad.

so I am up for a new radiator and the tow etc etc, and neither the shop nor the radiator mob want to know about footing the bill as its all a bit chicken and the egg...

and since the weekend at janowen the fkn thing has occasionally been jumping out of first on take off with a load on, so I think I may have lost a tooth, doesnt seem like a detent spring issue, but could be....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the second group buy going ahead or are there any gear sets out there not fitted that are up for sale.. I'm keen for a set of these asap..
    Cheers

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a second run going on patrol4x4
    Gears will be delivered mid Feb.
    Can't get much quicker ;-)
    3 sets available, have a look over there and let me know if keen :-)

Cheers, Andy

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast