User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Group Buy, 63% transfer reduction for GQ/GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got mine installed a week ago after buying a set of these off Andy a year ago. LOL!! They've been installed in my 2003 tb48 auto running 3.9 diff ratios. Tried them out on the tracks in Harvey WA this weekend just gone and I'm blown away with the difference they make. Totally transformed the Patrol's off-road ability. Manually selected 1st gear on downhill descents, it just walks down without having to touch the brakes. No more sh###ing myself on slippery descents. Uphill I can just select D and away it goes, where as before I found that I had to manually select the right gears. So much more control in the more technical stuff too. I usually like to putt around the tracks in low range most of the day, so I was interested to see if I could still do this without going back and forth between 4H and 4L. I'm happy to say I can still leave it in 4L pretty much all day long on the tracks. Another thing, my Patrol used to struggle reversing up hills for whatever reason. I happened to need to reverse up a steep hill this weekend past and was expecting to struggle doing so, initially it scarred the cr@p out of me as the Patrol just powered up the hill in reverse as if the hill wasn't there. Oh and I was running 35's on the weekend.

If your thinking about getting these, just do it.

Big thanks to Andy for organising these gears.

Cheers,
    Darren

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bloggsy For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (11th September 2017), AB (11th September 2017), Avo (11th September 2017), Chubba (11th September 2017), Clunk (11th September 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agree!!
    Just do it!
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789