Thread: whats that bloody noise?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats that bloody noise?

ok, I'm really starting to regret buying this bloody car, I've taken it bush once since i bought it about 6 or 8 months ago, and its been one thing after another, first an oil leak from the oil switch, then an oil leak from the turbo, then faults with my fuel management system, and then an air leak from the intercooler, I've just finished fitting my brand new Cross Country intercooler to see if i could finally get my car off the tarmac and onto some bush trails, and it seems it did not fix the whooshing sound that i get when taking off. i took the car to robson bros for the fuel management problem, and they seemed to think that once the intercooler was changed the car would be all sweet, but alas that bloody noise is still there, with eff all power. can anyone help shed some light? and is there anyone in perth mechanically minded that would be willing to come round for a carton and help me try and nut this problem out?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it to united fuel injection they are fantastic with diesels

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much throttle on take off? Could possibly be turbo or manifold gaskets. Check that all your belts are tight too, sounds weird but make sure.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats that bloody noise?

Sounds like a rather large boost leak to me. Fit a boost gauge to see what its reaching (they are cheap). Could be intake manifold gasket or piping between turbo and manifold.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys thanks for your suggestions, went to check the turbo/dump pipe gasket as I read this is a common thing, checked it and found that the mechanics that fixed my turbo oil leak had neglected to bolt my exhaust back on. So as we all know, cars work better when the exhaust is acctually bolted on. Still in awe of how retarded this issue was. Going over my reciepts to see who acctually did the work so I can complain. So finally the car has power, and a nice shiney new intercooler the missus couldnt argue with weeeeeeee. Cant wait to take it offroad.
    For anyone else looking for turbo parts in perth mtq in malaga does aftermarket/original parts for garret turbos and saved me a heap on manifold studs and nuts, as genuine nissan was 11.50 per stub and 27.50 for the matching nut. I paid 5.60 for 3 studs and 3 nuts at mtq.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as genuine nissan was 11.50 per stub and 27.50 for the matching nut. I paid 5.60 for 3 studs and 3 nuts at mtq.
    Got to remember that these nuts and bolts are the "official" ones, and as such, are underpriced even at that exorbitant price
    The mind is still making contracts that the wallet can't afford
    1993 Maverick TD 42 mit einem Turbolader, triple battery setup with 2 twin battery units & solar panel, 21/2 & 3 in exhaust, 5 dash mounted gauges, 55 ltr beier frig/freezer, broken winch, UHF & HF radios hf auto antenna, rooftop tent, portable satellite tv system and the ship hanging on the back [4.2 m runabout with 50 johnson] happy hour
    Dakabin 4503 QLD
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property and also scare the shit out of people standing next to the car