2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's sucks people would spend there time searching through all this to find cars not legal

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hows the manual hunting going...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Hows the manual hunting going...
    Ease up cobber. What's he doing wrong?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno if it's been said yet but just to set the record straight.........

Nearly ANY modification requires permits, at least is most states anyway. Many mods require engineers certificates & those are clearly mentioned on DPI (transport) websites. There are changes you can make without permits but they need DPI notification such as paint colour, engine number due to std eng exchange, etc. Few mods like window tint & most electrical & lighting mods etc along with std parts replacement don't require anything but any suspension mod, tyre/wheel mod incl mags, eng mods, turbo mods, exhaust mods, fuel sys mods, body mods, driveline mods, brake mods etc ALL need permits.

With many mods, the cops don't know any better & some mods can be done without hassle if they were fitted from factory on that model ie GU bonnet scoops, factory mags etc.

A 2" lift may be fitted without engineer certificates in most states & 2 sizes over in tyres is usually legal ie 33's are usually allowed on vehicles that came out with 31's. A vehicle with a lift exceeding 2" requires engineers certs & a lane change (slalom) test performed by a pro driver. It's a costly & difficult procedure.

I've spent yrs fighting the law about these things & have been over the pits about 30 times with all types of vehicles. It sucks that someone would dob in a fellow enthusiast but it doesn't surprise me it's a jeep driver. I'm new here so I just deleted what I was about to type about my experiences with those folk but you can guess.

Most of us have seen & read about MANY idiots who have no clue & just fit what they think is a cool lift kit & it's just downright dangerous & stupid & it's clowns like this that the rest of us who know what we're doing can thank for uncle sam making permits compulsory. For eg I know of 2 young fools with 9" & 10" lifts & these cars are back yard jobs. I know of another one with a 5" lift on std panhard rods which stick the wheels out ridiculously to the left side. THESE are the guys who should be reported. Do gooders who just dob ppl in need a good slap in my opinion coz they're just jealous.

I bet everyone on this forum has some form of illegal mod on their car. In fact 90% of cars on the road have some sort of illegal mod ie a mod that has no permit. Based on this is it really unsafe to mod your car? In most cases, no! It's all common sense. Drive in a manner that attracts attention & you'll get it. Drive sensibly & the cops usually leave you alone. Fellow forumites on the other hand should mind their own business. Admire it or rack off.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think FB is more"dangerous" than this...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pasbogdan For This Useful Post:

04OFF (22nd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heaps of people on the forum have stock vehicles, most of them would be 100% legal, don't break the law and most of the time you will be safe, although having a modified vehicle that complies to regulations is not a 100% guarantee you wont be defected.

But look, If you fit a 5 inch lift or 35s etc, and drive it around (or post pics on the net) then you are asking to get busted, pretty simple really, lets not sugar coat it, you know it is breaking the law, so don't cry if you get done, its your own fault, even if someone else alerted the authorities to your illegal vehicle mods, while id never dob someone in myself, I honestly don't feel sorry for anyone in that situation, as I know they made a clear choice to knowingly break the law, meanwhile, the rest of us law abiding citizens are stuck with a 2" lift , 33s and front a rear sway bars
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (20th September 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noted.....

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting read.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep goin' laddie, only nine posts to go!!!
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th March 2016)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast