Thread: Firmy's big trip.

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firmy's big trip.

Well the time has come, on Saturday I will be loading the family in the patrol and heading off on our big trip across Australia and back. I can’t wait for this one, it’s been too long since I’ve done a big trip like this and bec has never driven further than Kalbarri so I’m looking forward to showing her and the kids some of this country that they’ve never seen before.

The plan is to take about 8 days to get over to NSW, we were originally going to stay in tent along the way but decided with the baby it would be best to stay in motels and cabins instead, so it’s going to cost a small fortune but bec will be happy to have a bed and aircon so I guess that means I’ll be happy too.

We are staying in Dubbo for a couple of nights so we can go to the western plains zoo then it’s off to mum and dads place in Wallerawang for xmas for the first time in 11 years. Mums 60th is on new year’s day so i think we will have a quiet new year’s eve and a blinder on new year’s day.

After that we are heading down to Melbourne for a couple of days to go to the aquarium and visit some of becs friends that live there now. Then we are going down the great ocean road for a few days, for some reason I’ve always wanted to go to Nelson on the Glenelg River so we will probably stay there a couple of nights and have a look around.

Then we are into SA, don’t really have a plan from here on I think we will just wing it and see where we end up depending on how much time we have left, I have to be home to go back to work on the 22nd of January so we should have a week or so to look around SA before we head back across the Nullarbor and home.

All up about 5 and a half weeks and around 11000km, the kids will be seasoned travellers after this trip and all set to do it again plenty of times in the future(I hope).

Any way sorry to bore you all with my story(if you made it to the end),

Paul

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to firm351 For This Useful Post:

AB (10th December 2013), Bloodyaussie (10th December 2013), Bob (10th December 2013), Clunk (10th December 2013), emm (9th January 2014), Kwarte (10th December 2013), Stropp (10th December 2013), threedogs (18th December 2013), TPC (10th December 2013), Woof (14th December 2013)