Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmy's big trip.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firmy's big trip.

Well the time has come, on Saturday I will be loading the family in the patrol and heading off on our big trip across Australia and back. I can’t wait for this one, it’s been too long since I’ve done a big trip like this and bec has never driven further than Kalbarri so I’m looking forward to showing her and the kids some of this country that they’ve never seen before.

The plan is to take about 8 days to get over to NSW, we were originally going to stay in tent along the way but decided with the baby it would be best to stay in motels and cabins instead, so it’s going to cost a small fortune but bec will be happy to have a bed and aircon so I guess that means I’ll be happy too.

We are staying in Dubbo for a couple of nights so we can go to the western plains zoo then it’s off to mum and dads place in Wallerawang for xmas for the first time in 11 years. Mums 60th is on new year’s day so i think we will have a quiet new year’s eve and a blinder on new year’s day.

After that we are heading down to Melbourne for a couple of days to go to the aquarium and visit some of becs friends that live there now. Then we are going down the great ocean road for a few days, for some reason I’ve always wanted to go to Nelson on the Glenelg River so we will probably stay there a couple of nights and have a look around.

Then we are into SA, don’t really have a plan from here on I think we will just wing it and see where we end up depending on how much time we have left, I have to be home to go back to work on the 22nd of January so we should have a week or so to look around SA before we head back across the Nullarbor and home.

All up about 5 and a half weeks and around 11000km, the kids will be seasoned travellers after this trip and all set to do it again plenty of times in the future(I hope).

Any way sorry to bore you all with my story(if you made it to the end),

Paul

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to firm351 For This Useful Post:

AB (10th December 2013), Bloodyaussie (10th December 2013), Bob (10th December 2013), Clunk (10th December 2013), emm (9th January 2014), Kwarte (10th December 2013), Stropp (10th December 2013), threedogs (18th December 2013), TPC (10th December 2013), Woof (14th December 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,716 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have fun mate, make sure the kids have a dvd player to watch or it wont be a pleasant trip. stop off along the nullabor to check out the coastline, its great veiwing, also horrocks pass after you leave port augusta and head for wilmington is a very nice drive, also worth a stop at the lookout for the view. have a great trip.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

firm351 (10th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,043 Times in 3,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a fantastic trip, you are making the rest of us jealous.
    You will love Glenelg river, have been there plenty of times myself canoeing, there are some great spots to along the river to go for a picnic.
    If you have time Flinders Ranges is great to look around while in SA, Brachina Gorge is a great drive.
    Have fun and take plenty of pics for us to look at.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds fantastic, enjoy your trip.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bear3103 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,657 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody awesome mate. Feel free to drop in to mount g for a couple of beers if you like.
    If your up for it we could do a bit of beach driving.. The Patrol will be ready by then and I'm sure the father in-law will be up for a day trip..
    Or you can explore the underground caves round the area.
    Or plenty of fishing spots right along this south eeast coast..

Heaps to do..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good trip if you need anything while you're in Melb give me a bell.
    Are you servicing at any stage or just waiting till you get home, stay safe
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

13. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Sounds like a good trip if you need anything while you're in Melb give me a bell.
    Are you servicing at any stage or just waiting till you get home, stay safe
    Thanks for the offer mate will keep it in mind if i need anything. i will be taking everything to do a service with me so i might just do it at my oldies place should be around the 5000km mark when i am there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Bloody awesome mate. Feel free to drop in to mount g for a couple of beers if you like.
    I do like beer so I might just do that. A day trip sounds good too mate I will see how we are traveling and let you know closer to then.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a great trip & stop often to ‘smell the roses’. The journey is the destination. Avoid ‘white line fever’ - better to enjoy what you see than to see stuff you don’t enjoy ‘cos you’re too knackered & still on ‘gottagetthere time’. Don’t forget the pics to make us all jealous.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How are you front brake pads the Great Ocean Road will test them .?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast