OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roof rack - ingenuity or disaster waiting to happen?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can all give him/her a hard time, he/she deserves it for a roofrack like that, but he/she also has a ‘No Gas in The Kimberley’ sticker & an ‘anti fracking’ sticker which gains him/her brownie points in my book.

Cuppa (Mung Bean & proud of it).

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

macca (27th November 2013), Steve4wdin (27th November 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    No Gas in The Kimberley’ sticker & an ‘anti fracking’ sticker which gains him/her brownie points in my book.
    My bloody oath
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did he use Dovetailed joints to make it really classy,

They have Diamonds in the kimberlys, and long term, big picture stuff,
    they can make plenty of $$$$$ from tourism, Our history be it short was started in that area.
    Plenty of gas off shore IMO, but I'm not greedy
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Plenty of gas off shore IMO, but I'm not greedy
    Unfortunately Colin Barnett IS greedy, very greedy.
    If you thought it was all over ............ think again. Barnett is still pushing hard. He wants to industrialise the Kimberley at any cost.

http://thestringer.com.au/law-boss-j...ver-walmadany/

I know Joe Roe as well as a number of other folk up there & I can tell you that if Barnett continues pushing & changing laws to suit his purposes that what we have seen up in the Kimberley so far will be nothing compared with what is yet to come.
    I know there are mining folk on this forum & I’m not trying to provoke or upset you, but when it comes down to it, I know that to run roughshod over the Goolarabooloo, to destroy their country, their songlines, their graves, & their culture is just plain wrong. Lessons should be remembered from the past, & actions not repeated.
    The Kimberley is one of the world’s last wildernesses, it is an iconic Australian destination with much that is unique. Once it’s gone it’s gone & we cannot allow this to happen in the name of short term profit. Barnett has always planned to industrialise the Kimberley, he wants both the gas from the off shore Browse basin as well as the shale gas from the onshore Canning Basin, he needs a source of power for a giant smelter in the Kimberley to make it profitable to rip up the Mitchell Plateau to get at the bauxite reserves there. (The Mitchell Plateau for god’s sake - is nowhere sacred). It is beyond belief that following his stuffed up attempts to compulsorily acquire Goolarabooloo land, through moving legal goalposts, & by setting communities & organisations against each other in most cynical ways, & despite the public outcry against he & the Woodside consortium, that he has now STILL compulsorily acquired land where he wants it. This battle is unfortunately far from over. The Goolarabooloo have always said no, for them it has never been about money. Without country they have nothing.

Conditionally offering Kimberley aboriginal folk huge amounts of money was only ever intended to be divisive. And divisive it has been. (Even though not a cent has been paid & one can wonder if it were ever actually envisaged that it would be). They as Australians have the same rights as you & I & should not have to relinquish their culture & country to have those rights ‘paid’ to them, but understandably there are some who feel it better to take what they can in a David & Goliath battle they feel they can’t win. But there are those who continue to stand strong, they need our support. They’ve got mine.

OK, this is an issue which is personal to me & about which I am passionate ... & I don’t apologise for being so ....... but I’ll step down off my soapbox for now.

How many of us have been to the Kimberley or dreamed of going there one day. It is special. There is not only much that is unique to the Kimberley, but also much yet to be learned.
    I just think that if we all cared it would be so easy to tell Barnett to piss off, we could save the Kimberley for future generations.

Yeah ok ..... off the box now.

Cuppa
    Last edited by Cuppa; 27th November 2013 at 05:03 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

93patrol (28th November 2013), Clunk (2nd December 2013)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! And it started with a wooden roof-rack…. with nails, not dovetails!
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plenty of things to say about Barnett but I ll stick with forum rules.

I agree wholeheartedly Cuppa

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wood used to be a main building component in cars! He's going old school!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123