Thread: LWB springs in a SWB GQ....?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LWB springs in a SWB GQ....?

I'm no expert .... far from it. and I've been told that you can put LWB springs in a SWB patrol and it will give it a "little" bit of lift without the need to replace the shocks. Now the amount of lift I've been told is only and inch or two at most. The reason I'm asking is my GQ SWB springs and not what they use to be and I can get a pair of good condition LWB springs also from a GQ for basically nothing...... Any thought s on this.... I don't have the cash for new shocks and springs so hence the offer of some free LWB springs sounds good but sometimes things (in this case springs) may bee too good to be true

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They will go straight in. Likely give you no extra lift. They will be a heavier rate spring so may be a little firmer. You might get some lift and better ride just on the basis of your springs being flogged.

Will take an hour or so to swap over and you have nothing to loose.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate they should swap straight over, and, depending on the contrition of the lwb springs, it may give you a slight lift, as the swb is lighter. Springs from a gu will also fit.

However you might find that your shocks will be stuffed aswell as the springs, so be prepared for that. If the shocks are fine then you will be able to use them no worries.

Cheers
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey cheers for that. Hope the shocks are ok but if not will have to look at getting some newer ones. So just to confirm springs on the LWB and SWB are the same length but just stiffer on the LWB.... I get a big of rear sag especially when going 4WD for a few days with the extra fuel in the back and the high lift jack, food, camping stuff etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ride height should be the same but maybe youll get a little lift out of it purely as the wagon is heavier

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!