Thread: 2" vs 3"

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Eric.

Mate confirm what caster correction he is running with the 3" lift and what caster correction he is planning to run with the 6" lift. A 6" lift should have big drop boxes or drop arms mate.

If he is already running caster bushes and they are in good Nic and he is wanting to fit drop boxes then he will want to fit standard bushes back in. If that's the case then offer to Swap arms with him mate. He gets your Genuine bushes and you get his caster correction. As long as all 4 radius arms are straight there is no reason he should not just swap arms with you.

If he is going with drop arms then he does. It need his arms either and you can just grab them off him too with the caster bushes in them.

If all that fails then I would recommend that you fit Drop Boxes as your primary caster correction anyway and maintain your Nissan bushes.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 24th November 2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

trekster (12th December 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my $200 3" kit went in today, unfortunately the adjustable panhard bars didn't fit, something about the s1 s3 being different on the ends, anyhow he measured up against the ones in mine and they were identical length so all good there,

fitted shocks/springs, extended brake lines, new fluid + bleed, fit front swaybar (im guessing the kit had a stronger one??), removed rear swaybar, replaced rear radius arm bushes, extended diff breathers, swapped my arms with other arms that had castor correction bushes installed...
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks the business now. In regards to your sway bar, the front one from the kit may have longer pins so that it's at the correct height for the lift. Also you want to leave the rear in and take the front out, makes the front end move better. As well as makes I drive nicer on road as well.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lhurley For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (13th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just need some bigger boots to fill those flares now

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just be aware that no sway bar means no insurance cover. Many people take them out, but I don't think its worth the risk. When you want to go off road, it only takes five minute to jump under and disconnect one side...
    Food for thought.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Just be aware that no sway bar means no insurance cover. Many people take them out, but I don't think its worth the risk. When you want to go off road, it only takes five minute to jump under and disconnect one side...
    Food for thought.
    I have no idea why it is removed? I asked him to put the kit in and this is how it ended up.... Might have to ask him why.

cheers.
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    I have no idea why it is removed? I asked him to put the kit in and this is how it ended up.... Might have to ask him why.

cheers.
    You would get crazy flex out of the rear, but its unnecessary. Plus it will be a boat on road
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely the swaybar connector is too short for the lift

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Looks the business now. In regards to your sway bar, the front one from the kit may have longer pins so that it's at the correct height for the lift. Also you want to leave the rear in and take the front out, makes the front end move better. As well as makes I drive nicer on road as well.
    100% agree. this is how my GUIV is setup and it is great! Soo Good in fact i am chasing a GU rear sway bar for the GQ.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    You would get crazy flex out of the rear, but its unnecessary. Plus it will be a boat on road
    Spoke to the man at the 4wd shop today and confirmed it is not long enough to use, has informed me its within legalities here to have it removed, and with the rear off gives more travel, whereas having the front on or off won't change the travel, it also handles quite well hardly any body roll at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast