OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZD30 Overheating....checked everything....now what?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    knew i forgot something.....

two different radiator caps and two thermostats and even not runnning a thermostat

And obviously when i had the radiator rodded it was cleaned out and i cleaned out the rest of the system, inlcuding overflow tank, heater core etc........

I can also see water in the coolant resovoir flowing considerably when the engine is running and with out the cap on the radiator water is flowing....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not running a thermostat... well there ya go... Go to nissan and get one of the original ones and put it in... will fix ya problems almost certainly...

The termostat has a few tasks... One is to regulate water temp in the block around the cylinders another job is to regulate flow. Your pump is capable of pumping way way more fluid around than it needs to. It really is designed to pump around enough water at idle so anything above idle and its pumping too fast. When water flows through the radiator too fast you dont get a chance to remove much heat from it and so it needs to move through at a pace that is slow enough to cool enough water but not so fast that it never gets a chance to cool down.

So long and short of it

Go get a thermostat and watch all your problems disapper... (no promises but I bet its your problem)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw the thermostat regulates the flow by having a reduced cross section (the hole in it around the valve is smaller than the cross section of the pipe). This does a few things.. It creates a pressure drop across it to maintain pressure in the motor and reduce pressure in the radiator (marginal but hey) and it slows the flow in the hosing...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was my mechanics idea to try without the thermostat after we tried it with two different thermostats from two different brands and it still did the same thing....

It might be the no thermostat but considering it was doing WITH two different thermostats i doubt it....

But thank you ill give it a go...

Atleast its a different idea of the problem!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overheating

Hi I was cruising internet trying to find information about my 06 3L Navarra overheating Ive got same problem as you had in Feb Can you please let me know how you sorted the problem out Thanks Marty

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Marty most ppl post an intro before asking questions, just something this Forum asks of us all.
    Isn't there a Navara Forum for your answers??
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isagone View Post
    Hi I was cruising internet trying to find information about my 06 3L Navarra overheating Ive got same problem as you had in Feb Can you please let me know how you sorted the problem out Thanks Marty
    G'day Marty, probably won't get an answer from the original poster, they haven't been back since Feb 2011.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway for those that are interested, buy a 2 ltr bottle of Trix or some other good detergent.
    With engine coldremove 2 ltrs water and put the detergent in its place. This will usually give you between 10-15 degrees gain.
    The detergent works as a wetting agent and allows the water to get closer to the metal and extract a bit more heat out of the engine.
    It will not foam up as its under pressure in the system.
    The mind is still making contracts that the wallet can't afford
    1993 Maverick TD 42 mit einem Turbolader, triple battery setup with 2 twin battery units & solar panel, 21/2 & 3 in exhaust, 5 dash mounted gauges, 55 ltr beier frig/freezer, broken winch, UHF & HF radios hf auto antenna, rooftop tent, portable satellite tv system and the ship hanging on the back [4.2 m runabout with 50 johnson] happy hour
    Dakabin 4503 QLD
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property and also scare the shit out of people standing next to the car

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late injection moment? What about exhaust gas temperature and fuel consumption?
    Last edited by Wine_maker; 13th November 2013 at 01:49 AM.
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12