OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NATS Immobilizer light staying on??

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Hey Darren more pics might help mate, I think I will do this to mine before it decides to give up.
    No probs.

Here is a couple more. A couple of very good pics of the backing plate

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389432091.135866.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389432123.800693.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389432151.702100.jpg

In the last pic you can see how much loving I had to give it. There is a steel shroud encased in the plastic of part of it. It was a biatch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Stropp (11th January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did most of it without removing the rear banjo fuel line, take it off, soo much easier without it in the way, don't loose the bloody washer!!!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Stropp (11th January 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. thanks a lot for that. Mine needs a bit of similar treatment to what you've done me thinks.

Maybe i'll have a go at getting in there with the die grinder.......

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geckster View Post
    OK. thanks a lot for that. Mine needs a bit of similar treatment to what you've done me thinks.

Maybe i'll have a go at getting in there with the die grinder.......
    Oh yeah I forgot about that! Definitely need a die grinder or Dremel. I did a heap of work cutting off the bolt heads with the Dremel mate. Newby had suggested cutting a slot to then get a screw driver on them but was never going to happen still on the car. (Mat did this job on a bench)

So grind off the bolt heads then get into it with a 10mm wood chisel, worked way better than a big screw driver.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Newby had suggested cutting a slot to then get a screw driver on them but was never going to happen still on the car. (Mat did this job on a bench).
    Correction, I did it on the vehicle also mate. It was just a suggestion if you could slot them then it may be easier. (Don't worry I'm not upset just letting you know I went through the same pain)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (11th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Correction, I did it on the vehicle also mate. It was just a suggestion if you could slot them then it may be easier. (Don't worry I'm not upset just letting you know I went through the same pain)
    Kool, sorry mate, I thought Paul had said you had it out of the car.

Regardless was a bugger of a job. So we are in a small club Mat Lived that Pain!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw some tiny litttle cutting discs for dremels the other day at the hardware shop. Might be worth a try.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No probs.

Here is a couple more. A couple of very good pics of the backing plate

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389432091.135866.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389432123.800693.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389432151.702100.jpg

In the last pic you can see how much loving I had to give it. There is a steel shroud encased in the plastic of part of it. It was a biatch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Thank MR will be a great help.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys, great thread heaps of info.....I don't suppose anyone has done this to a 2001 GU 3.0?
    2001 NISSAN PATROL GUIII 3.0, 33" A/Ts, 2" EFS Elite Lift, Dual Batteries, Boost Gauge, Spotties front and rear

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great information contained in here. Having multiple people successfully carry out the removal of the CSOLU gave me a fair bit of confidence although as previously mentioned that first whack is a hard step to take.

My story is that a week ago my 2005 4.2 patrol didn't start warm. After a few attempts it started and all seemed OK. Over the week it deteriorated to the point that it would not start warm at all and would only start to get to work and to get home from work. Also, as is common here the red immobiliser light came on after about a minute of driving.

The instructions contained here are great so I thought it was worth adding my notes and photos as I am sure others will have this issue.
    I removed intercooler bolts and disconnected the large hoses and then just lifted it out of the way with the smaller hoses still connected. A piece of wood held it up.
    Definitely disconnect as much of the wiring loom as you can from around the area and tie it back to the side. I had dual battery cables in the vicinity so had to get those out of the way as well. The more room the better.
    Make sure you catch everything when you disconnect the fuel line (ie washers) it's a bugger when they fall and don't make it out the bottom.
    I didn't have to go through the base plate of the CSOLU. Once I reached the circuit board I levered it out carefully and unsoldered the sought after white wire, which had about 10mm of insulation protruding plus the wire that was soldered to the circuit board.
    A laptop and USB webcam were very useful to have a look at where I was at and what needed attacking next.

patrol02a.jpg
    patrol03a.jpg
    20150111_183511.jpg

Mission control

20150111_153539.jpg
    Last edited by Gags62; 12th January 2015 at 12:20 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gags62 For This Useful Post:

mojo53 (12th March 2021), MudRunnerTD (11th February 2015)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast