OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NATS Immobilizer light staying on??

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NATS Immobilizer light staying on??

Hey guys (Rodney ) I noticed last week that the little red light on the top of the dash in the GUIV is staying on sometimes when I'm driving? Not all the time? If it stays on it seems to stay on for the journey though until I turn the car off.

Should I be concerned? Is there some hidden message? No idea!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 11th January 2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Changed title for Search Function
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

sotizubeyirson (2nd February 2024)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate.

You have a problem with NATS, more then likely the control module on the back of the injector pump.

Do you always use the same key?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (18th November 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Hey mate.

You have a problem with NATS, more then likely the control module on the back of the injector pump.

Do you always use the same key?

Hi Rodney,

Yeah mate I only have 1 key. It is not a program key though. Mine has a separate fob.

Just called the RACV and they are an hour away maybe
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hi Rodney,

Yeah mate I only have 1 key. It is not a program key though. Mine has a separate fob.

Just called the RACV and they are an hour away maybe
    The fob has nothing to do with NATS.

In the black plastic part of the key is a chip. The NATS needs to receive the correct signal from this chip before the vehicle will start.

I don't think this will be your problem because you only have one key.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yendor

Yes mate i always use the same key, and as for little red flashing lights on top of the dash, i don't recall seeing one unless it's hidden under the dash matt, anyway i had to get the car towed home so now it's in the shed i will be able to check out the fuel system right through to eliminate that issue and look under the dash matt for red flashing lights and hope NATS is not the problem.
    One other thing is where is the fuel pump and is it electrical or mechanical as i have never had to deal with any fuel problems before, come to think of it i brought the car with approx 28K on the clock (now 210K)and never had any problems what so ever in the 14 years i have had it so i cannot complain, and thanks to everyone for the suggestions now it's in the shed i can have a proper look.
    Cheers
    mojo.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo53 View Post
    Hi Yendor

Yes mate i always use the same key, and as for little red flashing lights on top of the dash, i don't recall seeing one unless it's hidden under the dash matt, anyway i had to get the car towed home so now it's in the shed i will be able to check out the fuel system right through to eliminate that issue and look under the dash matt for red flashing lights and hope NATS is not the problem.
    One other thing is where is the fuel pump and is it electrical or mechanical as i have never had to deal with any fuel problems before, come to think of it i brought the car with approx 28K on the clock (now 210K)and never had any problems what so ever in the 14 years i have had it so i cannot complain, and thanks to everyone for the suggestions now it's in the shed i can have a proper look.
    Cheers
    mojo.
    Yendor is no longer here mate. The fuel pump is on the drivers side of the motor under the power steering pump. It sounds like your NATS mate. The pump is mechanical and a significant job to remove and refit. As you read this thread I went at mine with a wood chisel mate!!!! A Very big deal!!

There are a couple 9f other threads on the forum about the task of you have a search but fundamentally it is laid out here.

The red LED light will be under your dash mat for sure basically directly in front of the driver.

Read this thread a couple of times mate. Happy to chat.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MuddRunnerTD

I found the red flashing light, my dash matt has been on there forever and i completely forgot all about the flashing light under neath it, as yes it stays on if i am lucky to get the car started and i have two keys and tried them both with no change so it looks like i will be up for the big bash to fix my problem.
    You would think someone would make an exchange pump without the bullshit on it but knowing nothing about pumps i guess it's not that easy or cheap.
    Any way i will red through all these posts again and i might get the courage to attempt it.
    Cheers Guys.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo53 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (12th March 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo53 View Post
    Thanks MuddRunnerTD

I found the red flashing light, my dash matt has been on there forever and i completely forgot all about the flashing light under neath it, as yes it stays on if i am lucky to get the car started and i have two keys and tried them both with no change so it looks like i will be up for the big bash to fix my problem.
    You would think someone would make an exchange pump without the bullshit on it but knowing nothing about pumps i guess it's not that easy or cheap.
    Any way i will red through all these posts again and i might get the courage to attempt it.
    Cheers Guys.
    Good luck mate. Yes I took some balls mate. A new pump from UFI is about $2700 plus fitting.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Edit that!! Damn it to hell! It has just left me on the side of the bloody road!!!

Just done a 14 hour day and having dinner at 12:30am at Maccas and she won't start.

Anyone still online that can tell me how to override the imobilser?

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only way to bypass NATS is to remove the module on the injector pump and connect ignition directly to the solenoid.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

mojo53 (11th March 2021), MudRunnerTD (18th November 2013)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast