2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone thats commented actually owned a Tigerz roof basket ?

I mean, you hear exactly the same comments in a 1000 other threads about winches, most are from people that have "never" owned one ?

If....... you are just jumping on the china gear "baggin wagon", please refrain from commenting , just like the OP, id also like to know about them, but can we hear from people with "first hand" experience in owning and using one please (not people telling us about a mates one)

No, i don't secretly work for tigerz, (lol), its just , dispite what threads like this say, everything ive actually "owned" from them so far ,i have personally found to be brilliant value for money.

<a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

ozzyboy (12th November 2013), Stockers82 (24th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Tigerz11 air tank which appears to be an ok make but not yet installed. I didn't like the hose that came with it so bought some other replacement hose

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a TigerZ Alloy full length roof rack. First impressions is its cheaply made. The floor section of it looks like they stole a security door to make it. That part vibrated a lot so I had to use around 40 cable ties on it to stop the vibrations. Fitment wasn't too hard, some of the bolt holes didn't line up but being alloy it was an easy fix. As for the paint. Its staying on o.k. Its only flaked off where I had something clamped around the tube. It does me, I wont be putting anything heavy on it being alloy. It just carries my light bar, swag and thats about it. I actually sold my steel ARB rack to get this as the steel rack was way too heavy and I'll never need its strength.
    So apart from the cable tie issue its o.k. But I haven't compared it to any branded alloy racks so I can't really make a comparable comment. Only just on my experiences with this one.

My2c.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

ozzyboy (12th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate of mine bought one after telling him to use caution.
    The material is that light we could twist it in our hands. After a couple of trips the brackets started to tear out.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    I have the Tigerz11 air tank which appears to be an ok make but not yet installed. I didn't like the hose that came with it so bought some other replacement hose
    Same, mines installed, working well.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I have a TigerZ Alloy full length roof rack. First impressions is its cheaply made. The floor section of it looks like they stole a security door to make it..
    Haha, i thought the same about the security door mesh, at least no-one will break in through your sunroof ! (lol)

And of course, they are cheap to buy, so can't be expensively made, but i bet there is plenty of products we buy that are cheap to make , but are expencive to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I wont be putting anything heavy on it being alloy. It just carries my light bar, swag and thats about it. I actually sold my steel ARB rack to get this as the steel rack was way too heavy and I'll never need its strength.
    So apart from the cable tie issue its o.k. But I haven't compared it to any branded alloy racks so I can't really make a comparable comment. Only just on my experiences with this one.
    Yes, Some people only buy a roof basket to mount a awning on, so the weight and wind resistance/drag of the rack is most important, not a fully loaded around australia trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Mate of mine bought one after telling him to use caution.
    The material is that light we could twist it in our hands. After a couple of trips the brackets started to tear out.
    Do you know what he was putting on the basket westy ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a T11 roof rack for a couple of months now, I haven't loaded it up for a big trip yet but I can walk on any part without flex, no worries. The build quality isn't the best but the paint seems to be okay. For the price i payed, ($350 on special) I could buy 4 of these for the price of an ARB/TJM rack.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah I priced a ARB roof rack 2 weeks ago down here 1780 bucks..Mind you I stuck my old $200 metal one back on the 4b..and fitted my tigerz11 rooftop tent I scored for 500 bucks..still 1080 bucks infront.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

threedogs (12th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i havent had a roof rack but i did buy a bull bar (their bulls must be light weight) it arrived with scratches and cuts all over it plastic wrap melted to the powdercoat and behind the main bar was rusty??? sent it back and got my money back took 3 mths after i returned it, compared to the original bar it was half the weight so a lot thinner, from that experience i would not buy any major components from tigerz, things like compressors etc i would have a crack at but anything that you need to rely on no way.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I made my own and bolted it to some Rhino racks.
    I don't need full length with sides etc,
    worked out cheap as chips.
    just another option
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast