Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GU Christmas Tree

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys sorry to revive this thread from the dead but here goes.....Just bought the aftermarket tail lights from Fleaby and they look the goods, bought all LED globes and fitted them as the new lights came with wedge type holders...to easy....now the hard part.....From what I understand the blinker circuit will need resistors as they draw less current than regular bulb and consequently will flash like a blinker that has a blown bulb? Real fast? anyone had experience with this or am I being mislead into buying crap I dont need? Oh thought I would add also changing front parkers/blinkers to an aftermarket LED light.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to buy a non load dependant flash can or you can simply fit a resistor inline with each indicator.
    The electronic flash cans don't click from memory but I could be wrong.

Have a read of this. Apparently you can mod a flasher unit to not flash fast if it notices a reduction in current draw.
    http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/led1/led-3.htm
    Last edited by mjr350; 16th September 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Shayne,
    Just installed the after market light bezels in my Patrol. I'd like to know the easiest way to hook them up to the existing lights in the bumper. My Patrol is a 2012 so might be qa bit different from yours by the sound of it. Be good if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you still have globes in your bumper lights they should not flash noticeably faster.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one lit up

I modified the existing tail-light fittings rather than replace them.

But a word of warning if you go this way: If you do get some swarf into the fitting, DO NOT try to blow it out with compressed air. All the internal spaces are connected and there is a small gap between the outer skin and the inner parts, so the stuff spreads everywhere and is EXTREMLY hard to completely remove.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must admit I was perplexed when I checked the back of the Patrol and found there was not even globes or spaces for globes in those huge read side lights.
    Since they are under $2, think I will try to see if some of these LED's will fit, hopefully it will be a simple operation.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Wolf View Post
    Must admit I was perplexed when I checked the back of the Patrol and found there was not even globes or spaces for globes in those huge read side lights.
    Since they are under $2, think I will try to see if some of these LED's will fit, hopefully it will be a simple operation.
    Hi Mate, please head over and start and introduction thread, we like folks to say day when they join the forum.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567