Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GU Christmas Tree

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frenzy View Post
    AHA! I recently got my first Patrol (2006 GU) and after reading this, I ducked out and looked at my tail lights. I didn't realise that those big expensive looking tail lights were only good for indicating I was in reverse! Whenever I have previously checked the lights, I always got someone to stand at the back while I operated them!
    Now.......do I need to add this to my long list of Patrol addons/accessories/tasks....
    Cheers,
    Steve

Edit: After posting the above I went out to "fix" my drivers side rear reverse light. LOL! There isn't one. I did find an ants nest in there so it was worth the effort looking. LOL! Thanks for the info.
    G'day Steve,

Welcome to the world of Patrol & the forum. Mate, I was sooooo shocked when I first found out the lights were dummies. I was actually quite angry also (to be honest!) This mod makes a huge difference to the way your car looks (especially at night) and the way OTHER Patrol owners look at your car. LOL I LOVE the look of shock and confusion on the faces of other Patrol drivers when I drive past and they check out the car (as we ALL do to other Patrol's) and then indicate to get in front of them and then when the brakes are applied...it really is quite funny. As for your ants nest...LOL. Nice find. Nothing like a million tiny hitch hikers in your car.

Shayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks im2xtreem,
    I just purchased my new lights from patrol a parts (Lilydale, MELB) and was going to pay an auto electrician to fit them but not now. Great thread mate.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did this conversion to my 05 ST Patrol about 12 months ago. Used a set of replacement light casings i found on ebay (carsRus). Fully fitted out with bulbs.
    Had the same issue with the stop and reverse wiring though. I also ran them under the back door carpet trim. I went to the wreckers and grabbed a wiring harness out of a previous model GU from the left hand side to get the correct clips. Looks great and would never go back. Even impressed the wife with this conversion.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this mod on my GQ, just stole the wiring from the lights in the bumpers as I removed them so they wouldn't smash my lights when I bend them up into the lights off road. I have plans of doing a quarter chop and building a rear bar so I will probably just put some LED lights on the bar also to comply with ADR's.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to do mine. Just waiting for the right ones at the right price to come up on ebay!
    It does seem weird that Nissan didn't make them work the first time around!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Hi all thanks for the help on the rear lights. It was easy as the left side had brake and parkers res single there and left blinker. then run a cable to right side with earth brake,parker and res lights looks great cost around $60 from auto barn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good mate, I did mine the same week I picked up the car, looks a lot better now lol
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put these same lights on mine a short while ago, great if you go off road and pop out the rear bumper lights, the best part is, now i have "2" reverse lights, i can actually see behind when reversing now !
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    I too hope to do this mod soon, found some already wired up, just need to find the time to get them from the seller and put them in. Don't forget to keep the lights in the rear bumper bar to make sure the you comply with the ADR's. Looking forward to having two reverse lights and being able to see what's behind me in the dark!
    Cheers,
    Peter
    09 3.0l auto Silver
    Nearly standard, always dreaming

Gert B Frobe
    I purchased a pre made loom from Vic recently so im keen to see how that goes.

Will post pics of the process.

Was told by Mr Nissan that the casings cant handle the heat from the globes so they wouldnt wire mine up at delivery.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast