Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another 2" Lift Thread

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late up date, had to leave for brissy in a hurry monday night (my wife got her kidney transplant wahoo )

The response i got from ARB was, "yep they are right springs" and they all sit down like that in the frount :banghead:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went ahead and installed the below selecting the heavier dampening option for the shocks of the two available from OME. Self install was an easy enough process that only took a few hours with the hardest part being the overtightened nuts (It was only 3 weeks old so no rust or dirt at that point) on the front factory shocks. These springs gave the 2in lift with a bit more in the rear but sits down to 2in when the 250kg ball weight of the camper is wound down.

Here are a few pics with lift installed, the difference between stock & OME front shocks and the little fella inspecting my work - http://l.bitcasa.com/uhpvVBse

We have driven it around town a bit whilst unloaded and yes it is firmer but handles a lot better and doesn't get unsettled on pot holes etc like the stock suspension. Also said to the mrs that the front should improve once we put the bar and winch on and she said ok but thought the ride was fine. I have now done over 500km of towing with the new springs (some on corrugated dirt at high and low speeds) and not only is it much better handling but it sits perfect. I haven't done any proper trails in it whilst unloaded but had the opportunity to do a "ramp test" on a big dirt mound over the weekend and have no concerns over these springs limiting articulation whilst unloaded. I will provide further comment after the right opportunity presents.

Suspension selected.
    King Springs -
    Front - KDFR-42HD
    Rear - KDPR-58LP
    OME Nitrocharger Sports - Heavier dampened option
    Last edited by coiled; 2nd December 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coiled... that pic is the stock tyres with the 2" springs yes? It looks good.

You're not expecting to do any castor correction? (I'd imagine you probably don't need it)

I'm not far off doing mine so have been following this thread with interest.

ps: how much fun is it doing stuff on the car with a little "helper"! Mine's driving me crazy!
    2007 CRD Ti Patrol - springs, shocks, tyres, dual batt, bits of NADS here and there… (lots more to come)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSzuke View Post
    Coiled... that pic is the stock tyres with the 2" springs yes? It looks good.

You're not expecting to do any castor correction? (I'd imagine you probably don't need it)

I'm not far off doing mine so have been following this thread with interest.

ps: how much fun is it doing stuff on the car with a little "helper"! Mine's driving me crazy!
    Yes mate, stock tyres & the springs as listed from the King Springs standard parts list as raised which is typically 2in depending on vehicle loads etc. I bought the OME sway bar mount lowering kit but didn't bother installing as it wasn't needed after checking full droop etc. I haven't done any castor correction and it drives absolutely fine. Towing or not I have had it up to about 120 (run up for steep hills as you come north from the Gong) and no adverse steering feedback.

It is probably frowned upon from a safety perspective but having the little guy get in and check everything out made it a great day. I even had him putting the washers & bushes on the front shocks for me so he was technically helping :-D which I thought was a top effort for an 11month old.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234