Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Very cool AB. Very cool.
    I guess as more people use the apps the better the video plotting will become gas ive adjust noticed 3 vids,
    Little desert, grampions and Rocklands a bit messed up..
    If you use the app it will automatically geo reference the location but if you're uploading to the website then it's down to the user to drag and drop a pin on Google maps so there is room for error there if the person doesn't know exactly where to drop the pin
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

AB (4th November 2013), BigRAWesty (4th November 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    So what happens when 10 vids get posted of bigred? How will multiple tracks vids be displayed?
    Hey mate, yeah there will just be multiple place marks on the same tracks really. It would be hard to get a place mark that is exactly in the same spot as another one but I could just clear some old videos out after a while if need be.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (4th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post

Oh and remember, AB has to personally approve every vid so if we were to, for example; all take vids of our junk, he'd have sit through them all. Just a thought.......
    Hahahahahahahahaha first vid on its way hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

AB (4th November 2013), BigRAWesty (4th November 2013), taslucas (4th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    andy is there a way to link the videos i already have uploaded to youtube to you map? or do i have to re-upload everything again?
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    andy is there a way to link the videos i already have uploaded to youtube to you map? or do i have to re-upload everything again?
    That's what I'm interested in. If you try to reload them it will fail as it recognises it as a duplicate upload.....
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah unfortunately not...

The whole system is designed so when you log into the site or the app you are using your Youtube log in details. When you upload videos you are actually uploading the videos to your own Youtube account.

So if there is already the same video on your Youtube account it will fail, same as if you try to upload direct to Youtube using a video already on your account.

I can run scripts to pull in videos from Youtube but It's a PITA and they most likely will not be georeferenced, etc.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    also andy, is there a way to report videos that have problems? i have found several videos already that have embedding disabled so you have to load youtube externally to watch them? if you're requesting the be able to manage youtube accounts with your website, cant you have it change the video to have embedding enabled as a requirement? otherwise over X% would not be viewable on your site?

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, you can report on comments but not videos at this stage, I will add that though, nice one!

Yeah most of the videos on the map are just videos that were pulled into the database from YouTube which already had georeference in their metadata. I spent about 6 months going through the entire world and removing unrelated videos and ones that did not have embedding enabled.

Might of missed a few of course.

With the apps and as default it will have embedding enabled so moving forward it shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to let us know the title of the videos effected I'll remove them mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    That's what I'm interested in. If you try to reload them it will fail as it recognises it as a duplicate upload.....
    lucas, after having a play around with the site, i think that if your video has a geotag on it in youtube, andys site will pick it up. aparently one video from my channel alreay made it onto andys website, and as far as i can tell, its because its the only vid with a geotag + the appropriate search tags? would i be right in assuming that Andy?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    lucas, after having a play around with the site, i think that if your video has a geotag on it in youtube, andys site will pick it up. aparently one video from my channel alreay made it onto andys website, and as far as i can tell, its because its the only vid with a geotag + the appropriate search tags? would i be right in assuming that Andy?
    Correct mate, the easiest way I could think of was to write a program to pull the videos in that were geo tagged and used a simple keyword search to pull all videos with the words "4wd" and "4x4".

After I did this I had to remove 3000 vidoes manually as it pulled in a lot and i mean a lot of 4wd remote control cars and 4wd car yards selling cars on YouTube....It near killed me...lol

I still have that script but I really don't want to run that again on different key words. I was going to run it again on "Nissan Patrol" or "Toyota", etc but it will pull in thousands of junk videos.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast