Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 5642

Thread: What did you buy today

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some more rubber for my ute. Went for the 265/75Rx16 BFG KO2 A/T.

Got them from my local Tyres and More, on catalogue special for $329 a corner. That's pretty good, coz I got them 2 years ago for $330 a corner. Also got 2 new 16x8 White spoke Nissan rims to replace the 2nd hand ones I was given.

Will work out the K's I got from my last lot, over the weekend. I suspect it will be around 50-55k, coz I travel with 2 spares, 180lts fuel,120lts of water and my recovery gear, on most trips.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (15th July 2017), Stropp (17th July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Instead of giving me a slab for the radiator how about you chuck a slab on the table at Licola for whoever turns up to have a drink .
    No dramas mate , I typed a reply to your pm but obviously forgot to press send in my (allegedly) drunken state 😬

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to the Gold Coast Mid Year Caravan & Camping Expo and got a set of Treds for $139.
    2006 GU IV TD42TI 19X XXXkm,Turbosmart Turbo tuned(14psi),Boost gauge,K&N Airfilter,305/70r/17 Maxxis Bighorn,5" 45mm Adjust T D Sus,3" Exhaust ,JVC CD/DVD with Polk Audio,Warn XD9000 Winch,ARB Air Compressor, Chassis Rock Sliders,Dual Batteries,w/- IBS Battery Monitor System, Rhino Alloy Roof Rack. Mods to come, rear bar, new exhaust, rear drawers ect

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,684 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donaldson Pre filter, 4" to suit new snorkle, rated 660CFM airflow, so will go well with the chev. Also purchased 4" ram head, donaldson as well

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just use the ram head....

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Just use the ram head....
    On what validated basis?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    660 Cfm isnt enough for a 6.5 turbo chev. They also by design can remove the heavier dust particles just as they do with water removal. A ram head coupled with a high volume airbox will see performance gains both in response and overall figures. Thus equating to a minor advantage for fuel consumption.

Among other things.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    660 Cfm isnt enough for a 6.5 turbo chev. They also by design can remove the heavier dust particles just as they do with water removal. A ram head coupled with a high volume airbox will see performance gains both in response and overall figures. Thus equating to a minor advantage for fuel consumption.

Among other things.
    Mine is naturally aspirated and this rating is satisfactory, There simply is not a lot bigger in capacity within the same footprint. - happy to be corrected. I am yet to see how a cyclonic reduction of dust particles, which means an extension of filter life and extended efficiency can be achieved by a ram head which of course it can't and I understand you are not saying that, simply by removal of circa 70% incoming dust load equates to greater 'breathability'. I have clogged a standard brand new filter in a single day driving in dusty conditions without the cyclonic precleaner. Simply removing the dust load is the key. Taking 70% of that dust laod away is an advantage.

. Sorry, I have extensive design and application experience with engine air filtration within the heavy haulage arena, including high dust loads for near static plant, so a cyclonic separator is best for me in slow moving conditions. I use a RAM head for convenience only, as the Donaldson is not that resistant to branches in the scrub as I have found twice ( its a big tree catching plastic tub). The fitter box fitted to this engine is as big as can fit, so its a simple matter of working with what is avail. I have looked at higher cloth areas within the same cartridge footprint, but this is it. At the end of the day its all about air to cloth ratio and filtration efficiency. This is my focus as it bwill improve economy and ultimately reduce the amount of solids into the engine.

Its interesting that few/none of the vehicle manufacturers offer a factory fit ram head, or at least I have not seen one. I know land rover and toyota offer a semi cyclonic pre filter on their snorkels from memory. There may be pressure loading figures floating around and performance gains implied and even experienced by ram head users, however I am not buying into whether the ram head works better or achieves a better outcome, simply that I have defined my application based on experience. You may well have different views and I am happy to listen to them as long as they can be validated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its all good purely a suggestion. I also have experience in the field of filtration although from a differing perspective. Heavy non-highway equipment use the cyclonic method with the use of many conical venturi. They also employ dust extraction utilising the exhaust system.

For what its worth we have data logged data and using manufacturers supplied compressor and turbine maps can see that the use of a ram head on a high output turbo td42 gains us 15% in efficiency of the turbo this equates to the turbo actually working less to produce the same volume.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (30th July 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all good purely a suggestion. I also have experience in the field of filtration although from a differing perspective. Heavy non-highway equipment use the cyclonic method with the use of many conical venturi. They also employ dust extraction utilising the exhaust system.

For what its worth we have data logged data and using manufacturers supplied compressor and turbine maps can see that the use of a ram head on a high output turbo td42 gains us 15% in efficiency of the turbo this equates to the turbo actually working less to produce the same volume.
    Thanks for the reply, very interesting for sure. Regards -

"For what its worth we have data logged data and using manufacturers supplied compressor and turbine maps can see that the use of a ram head on a high output turbo td42 gains us 15% in efficiency of the turbo this equates to the turbo actually working less to produce the same volume."

Under what circumstances are the gains achieved? Is this at speed or static? At the end of the day the ram head is simply a cowl and its design efficiency has limitations when static- I am guessing these gains would be with the vehicle moving across a range of speeds?

Page 394 of 565 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast