Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5642

Thread: What did you buy today

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alternatively, leave the Airlocker compressor in play and just run an airline from your new compressor to an ARB Solenoid to isolate it and it can then be used as a back up if needed. Your Airlockers will function no better with the bigger compressor.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    yeah nah its right now. The locker switch just turns on a Solenoid to activate your airlocker. I assume your running the ARB loom for the diff locker compressor? if so and you are happy to remove the locker compressor? then literally just remove the locker compressor and install the new one and plug it back in... Nothing to do, nothing to change.

The first switch turns on the compressor. The airlock switch does nothing to the compressor other than use air and initiate the low pressure switch to activate the compressor again. The ARB loom powers up the air locker switch Pin2 from the Pin3 on the Compressor switch but this is irrelevant to you.

The only thing you may need to alter is the supply size tot he new compressor and the size of the relay to activate it so only the Battery to Compressor side of the loom, the rest stays the same.
    Yeah as I thought about it more. Its all the same. Apart from the actual wiring loom. The new one has some really heavy wire and different plugs. I'll work it out...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (18th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice score. Nothing to figure out mate. It has a pressure switch and cuts in and out off that. The loom turns it on. When you use the locker the solenoid opens and trips the pressure switch. Just add your pump up line in with female nittos and the pressure switch will still operate. The airline becomes storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Cheers Daz.
    As it stands now with my current compressor. I have two switches, one to turn the compressor on, it will only run though if its below the set pressure switch. And then theres the actual locker switch.

So I'm assuming, well hoping, with the new loom, I can do a third function of just soley running the compressor.
    so in the quote from me above i talk about your pump up air lines. basically its a closed pneumatic circuit. Your compressor is switched from the pressure switch as a safety and will cut in and out according to the pressure in the lines. If you only have airlocks then when you first turn the compressor on it has to pressurise the locker air lines to the solenoids then the pressure switch cuts out the compressor and the airlines are charged with 120psi. You flick on the airlock and the solenoid opens to send air to the locker to activate it and the pressure drops in the lines and the compressor starts because the low pressure switch activates. happy days.

If you now run air lines to the engine bay, the back and each side and fit a female Nitto type plug that shuts off when not connected that line will now need to pressurise when you first turn the compressor on. when it holds 120psi the compressor will cut off. If you plug in an airless to pump up your tyres the compressor will start automatically as it now lost pressure. Your just adding more lines, more air. the circuit doesn't care if its an airlocker or a tyre.

Hope that helps mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudski (18th August 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah it does. As I thought about it more it made sense. I just had it worked out in my head a different way. Just the wiring for this compressor is so different. I'll wait until I get my car back then worry about it.

Alternatively, leave the Airlocker compressor in play and just run an airline from your new compressor to an ARB Solenoid to isolate it and it can then be used as a back up if needed. Your Airlockers will function no better with the bigger compressor.
    Yeah I know that, it mainly for just airing up. My portable jobbie is to big to be portable. This will kicks it rsss in the psi department anyway.
    Last edited by mudski; 18th August 2016 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought an Engel Batman 150 dual battery system to day for $100.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush Ranger View Post
    Bought an Engel Batman 150 dual battery system to day for $100.
    PM sent regarding winch
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

10. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (20th August 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a Travel Buddy Oven and a Evakool Tmx35 fridge ........... now I'm dirt poor and still looking for someone to install my lokka

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    PM sent regarding winch
    Thanks for that 3D.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored from bcf $99 each good value, the guy called the knife and saw set the midland murder kit ?

image-3251190908.jpg
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Kimbo63 (21st August 2016), oncedisturbed (20th August 2016), Woof (21st August 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Scored from bcf $99 each good value, the guy called the knife and saw set the midland murder kit ?

image-3251190908.jpg
    You could put them to use at the Wa massacre I mean meet lol
    98 GU ST wagon 6.5TD chev 5 speed manual dual batteries storage drawers big red air compressor 9L tank millweld front and rear bars millweld 4" snorkel 4" air box 3" tough dog suspension lift drop box and hybrid radius arms 12000Lb winch ARB front air locker Alpine MP3 player amp and a good set of speakers GME 2 way The list goes on

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo63 For This Useful Post:

Stropp (21st August 2016), Woof (21st August 2016)

Page 297 of 565 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast