Thread: What did you buy today

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All sorted, thanks again heaps mate, Jaycar $3.95

Will post also in other kind thread for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (7th January 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I bought a Piranha Super Loom and Driving light loom to update the original 'super loom ' I had in the vehicle. When I removed the original upgrade loom I noticed it wasn't much bigger in wire size than the original. Anyway, the first loom is installed, and the driving light loom is tomorrow with luck. Running all the power thru the step up transformer to 28V, so with luck the dark black wet roads will be a treat to travel on compared to previous. Bit of monkey work to incorporate the roof rack light bar into the loom though. It runs via a 100amp relay, so have to think that thru.

Also, I bought a box of these sexy wire joiners with a lead slug in the middle. You push the cables thru the joiner and heat it up with a ciggy lighter or similar and the solder fuses the cable and the outer seals down like a heat shrunk tube.Attachment 79877Attachment 79878Attachment 79879
    Let me know how you go. I got a heap of these off eBay and they where junk. Damn it. No way do they work. Stupid things. The solder has a melting temp way higher that the heat shrink and doesn't function without destroying the heat shrink first . Damn it!!! I have tried a heat gun, a blow torch and a cig lighter. NO JOY!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure hope they work as there are 200 of the damn things. I will try a couple tomorrow and let you know my impression. The price attracted me as my neighbour bought 5 for $10, which I thought was a a con, but he does drive a 200 series!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure hope they work as there are 200 of the damn things. I will try a couple tomorrow and let you know my impression. The price attracted me as my neighbour bought 5 for $10, which I thought was a a con, but he does drive a 200 series!!
    Yeah I saw the concept here actually and thought I simply have to have them. Spent reasonable coin for a big kit with a few sizes and was fully committed to transitioning to these as the preferred method. I was very frustrated with them and gave it a good crack. Was pretty pissed actually. Hope yours work. Mine bloody didn't. I even tried using a soldering iron from the outside straight on the solder lump. No way did they work like him He pretty little video damn it. I really did take my stupid hat off and gave it a good crack. Maybe I was missing something but I don't think so.

I look forward to your feedback. Maybe mine where simply China junk?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought a Piranha Super Loom and Driving light loom to update the original 'super loom ' I had in the vehicle. When I removed the original upgrade loom I noticed it wasn't much bigger in wire size than the original. Anyway, the first loom is installed, and the driving light loom is tomorrow with luck. Running all the power thru the step up transformer to 28V, so with luck the dark black wet roads will be a treat to travel on compared to previous. Bit of monkey work to incorporate the roof rack light bar into the loom though. It runs via a 100amp relay, so have to think that thru.

Also, I bought a box of these sexy wire joiners with a lead slug in the middle. You push the cables thru the joiner and heat it up with a ciggy lighter or similar and the solder fuses the cable and the outer seals down like a heat shrunk tube.Attachment 79877Attachment 79878Attachment 79879
    Oh that is interesting! I just zoomed in on your photo and saw the instructions there on the box. Maybe yours are a different concept. The ones I have the compression bonding material is solder so the concept is that it becomes a soldered joint with heat shrink. Yours shows just a standard compression joint with heat shrink. Hmmm interesting. So mine I can't get enough heat into it to melt the solder without burning the heat shrink off. I might be able to simply convert them to this function may be but not sure I would trust the dry solder as a crimp fitting.???
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 8th January 2020 at 07:45 AM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cuppa gave this recommendation, got an ebay discount as well so down t $237, happy days

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Victron-B...torefresh=true

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Let me know how you go. I got a heap of these off eBay and they where junk. Damn it. No way do they work. Stupid things. The solder has a melting temp way higher that the heat shrink and doesn't function without destroying the heat shrink first . Damn it!!! I have tried a heat gun, a blow torch and a cig lighter. NO JOY!
    Well that was another great idea! The ferrules are too small in OD to crush down and clamp the wires, plus they don't melt like a solder joint - which is more my misinterpretation. So, to use them will require another crimper or I have to fix a packer to the jaws to decrease the clamp throat. So bit of 'read the label better and a bit of crappy product.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well that was another great idea! The ferrules are too small in OD to crush down and clamp the wires, plus they don't melt like a solder joint - which is more my misinterpretation. So, to use them will require another crimper or I have to fix a packer to the jaws to decrease the clamp throat. So bit of 'read the label better and a bit of crappy product.
    Mate I was gutted. The video suggests a solder joint but there is no way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (8th January 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Mate I was gutted. The video suggests a solder joint but there is no way.
    Oh well, I think I will slip them into a chilli nut mix next time I am away with my brother and sit back and watch the show!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (8th January 2020), MudRunnerTD (8th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've gone completely off buying inferior lugs and now go to the local electrical wholesaler. The products are dear but of better quality and fit the crimpers properly.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

10G (9th January 2020), MudRunnerTD (8th January 2020), PeeBee (8th January 2020)

Page 475 of 564 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485525 ... LastLast