Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 5632

Thread: What did you buy today

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing I stayed the fuck at home...although I did get a bit for my shitter I the post

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MB (30th December 2021), mudnut (3rd January 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘Free Delivery’
    Did you tell the poor buggers you’re just a mere few clicks South of Perth AGAIN…………Suckers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Stropp (1st January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    New 3kw renogy inverter arrived today to replace the previous unit I have that may have acid fume affected control boards from when a Calcium battery shit itself one weekend and filled the cabin with acrid vapour - ol' @MudRunnerTD can attest to the delightful pong and throat tickling coming up that TAF track when @MB ran out of fuel. Big bugger it is too.
    God that was hideous. The fumes were mental.

Keen to hear your thoughts on thr 3K renology. Looking at one for The62.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (31st December 2021), PeeBee (31st December 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a Drill Doctor 750x today from total Tools. It will sharpen up to 3/4" dia. I have hundreds of drill bits in the garage - maybe a thousand, because when I use them and they go dull I have simply bought more, trouble is the cost of a 1 -13mm set is pushing over the $100 for a while now. I have reduced shank drills up to 38mm also, but to get a sharpener for this range is over 3K. Anyway, 3 - 19mm, knocked over about 50 bits today before the heat got the better of me. The results are brilliant - totally recommend this device. On special for $499, picked mine up for $479, normally $549. High quality, easy to operate and there are replacement parts avail as well such as the diamond grinding wheel and the 3 -19mm collett. It will also sharpen the masonry bits and any angle from circa 110 deg to 140 deg based on the span of adjustment. The surface finish of the ground surface is adjustable on the 750 so you can generate a quick strip grind and finish off with a super fine finish. I also converted 5 drill bits, circa 10mm dia from snapped off flat finish back to fully ground end noses, easy. The larger bits I am going to bundle up and organise for a mobile drill sharpener guy to give them a sharpen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (31st December 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    God that was hideous. The fumes were mental.

Keen to hear your thoughts on thr 3K renology. Looking at one for The62.
    Darren, I have read good things about them. I looked at the redarc 3000w however at $2800 V $369 I could not determine what advantage I would get for the extra. I know a guy with the redarc and he swears by it, however its spec sheet is vague and simply appears to have a redarc marketing sticker on it or the red paint is more expensive than the blue!! My original unit is still working, just seems to drop the coffee machine out earlier than when first installed and the only thing that has changed is the fume issue. i will let you know in due course though. Pretty big unit though, be warned.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (31st December 2021), MudRunnerTD (1st January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Picked up a Drill Doctor 750x today from total Tools. It will sharpen up to 3/4" dia. I have hundreds of drill bits in the garage - maybe a thousand, because when I use them and they go dull I have simply bought more, trouble is the cost of a 1 -13mm set is pushing over the $100 for a while now. I have reduced shank drills up to 38mm also, but to get a sharpener for this range is over 3K. Anyway, 3 - 19mm, knocked over about 50 bits today before the heat got the better of me. The results are brilliant - totally recommend this device. On special for $499, picked mine up for $479, normally $549. High quality, easy to operate and there are replacement parts avail as well such as the diamond grinding wheel and the 3 -19mm collett. It will also sharpen the masonry bits and any angle from circa 110 deg to 140 deg based on the span of adjustment. The surface finish of the ground surface is adjustable on the 750 so you can generate a quick strip grind and finish off with a super fine finish. I also converted 5 drill bits, circa 10mm dia from snapped off flat finish back to fully ground end noses, easy. The larger bits I am going to bundle up and organise for a mobile drill sharpener guy to give them a sharpen.
    Good call. Was taught how to do up to 1/2" as a young 'un. You either got the knack or don't. It seems I am losing the ability as my eyes aren't that good any more. I occasionally surprise myself and get it right. The rest of the time I let the bit rub its way through instead of cutting. My instructor would have a heart attack if he knew !!
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (31st December 2021), PeeBee (1st January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Good call. Was taught how to do up to 1/2" as a young 'un. You either got the knack or don't. It seems I am losing the ability as my eyes aren't that good any more. I occasionally surprise myself and get it right. The rest of the time I let the bit rub its way through instead of cutting. My instructor would have a heart attack if he knew !!
    My old man and one of my mate's dad (retired toolmaker) sharpen bits by hand. Amazing skill. Have been given lessons but I just dont have the skill to sharpen in 3D by hand. Don't think too many would now.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

jay see (1st January 2022), MB (31st December 2021), mudnut (31st December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I was also taught as an apprentice by a leftie, it's the only thing I can do left handed. I don't always get it right, but at least I can go back to the grinder on have another go, with my goggles on of course.

Agreed it a thing you know or you don't.. it's another dieing trade...

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (1st January 2022), mudnut (1st January 2022), PeeBee (1st January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    My old man and one of my mate's dad (retired toolmaker) sharpen bits by hand. Amazing skill. Have been given lessons but I just dont have the skill to sharpen in 3D by hand. Don't think too many would now.
    I was also taught as an apprentice by a leftie, it's the only thing I can do left handed. I don't always get it right, but at least I can go back to the grinder on have another go, with my goggles on of course.

Agreed it a thing you know or you don't.. it's another dieing trade...

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (1st January 2022), Plasnart (1st January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see if the sharpener gives the bit a proper rake angle. I have seen "Sharpeners" that only give the proper chisel (the square point on top) and point angle (general profile). After that you have to manually take material off so it will cut.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd January 2022)

Page 523 of 564 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533 ... LastLast