Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been buying garage stuff heres some oil pourers Ive brought recently
    some of the bottles are real others are repros, All the pourers ar real
    as well plus Im recoing an Ampol fuel filter atm should look awesome.
    Need to mount some hand pedestal drills, ones Dawn ones Buffalo.
    Plus need to polish two Ansonia clocks from 1880s , one was mums the other I brought
    but recent event meant my sister gage the clock to me the heal a long rift.
    Life is way too short to hold grudges ,
    anyway a few pics to look at
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

bazzaboy (8th April 2018), GQtdauto (19th April 2018), MB (12th April 2018), mudski (11th April 2018), Rossco (12th April 2018), Touses (9th April 2018), TPC (20th April 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow those clocks John!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emergency Tyre Valves.

Do you carry any? I'm asking because I thought I did until I realised today that the ones I've been carrying require the tyre to be taken, at least partially, off the rim ........ & I don't carry tyre removal equipment, just 3 spares covering both Tvan & tow vehicle. (Also carry puncture repair kit for tubeless tyres).

However I thought I would post about a product I found online & which I ordered this evening in case others think it may be useful for them - replacement tyre valves which can be easily inserted, without tools, from the outside of the rim without any need to remove the tyre! I'd never seen them before. Colby Valves have been available for about 2 years now, but only from the USA where they are made. Just under $60 for two via Amazon or more via ebay Aus. Not cheap, but with travel in remote areas in the offing, it only needs to 'save' us once to pay for itself.

Colby Valve.jpg

Anyway if interested check out Colby Valves
    & a youtube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9aZyDsprFw

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bloggsy (3rd May 2018), Dr Gary (20th April 2018), MB (20th April 2018), Mike02Ti (20th April 2018), mudski (19th April 2018), PeeBee (19th April 2018), TPC (20th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Cuppa I thought you had a TPMS wouldnt you just carry the valve centres and the tool to remove them.
    I have Valve caps that change colour with differing pressure @Clunk still going strong sitting on green.
    Might get a proper TPMS when I change tyres next. those Colby valves look the part.
    I always get who ever changes my tyres to fit the shortest rubber valve stem they can, save getting them broken by sticks or rocks
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICOM IC-400Pro 80 channel UHF, programming cable to suit, pair Colby valves ex USA

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (20th April 2018), MB (20th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same same on the Colby Valves, thanks heaps Cuppa! Chose the extra short ones that need a socket or spanner to nip up.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Emergency Tyre Valves.

Do you carry any? I'm asking because I thought I did until I realised today that the ones I've been carrying require the tyre to be taken, at least partially, off the rim ........ & I don't carry tyre removal equipment, just 3 spares covering both Tvan & tow vehicle. (Also carry puncture repair kit for tubeless tyres).

However I thought I would post about a product I found online & which I ordered this evening in case others think it may be useful for them - replacement tyre valves which can be easily inserted, without tools, from the outside of the rim without any need to remove the tyre! I'd never seen them before. Colby Valves have been available for about 2 years now, but only from the USA where they are made. Just under $60 for two via Amazon or more via ebay Aus. Not cheap, but with travel in remote areas in the offing, it only needs to 'save' us once to pay for itself.

Colby Valve.jpg

Anyway if interested check out Colby Valves
    & a youtube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9aZyDsprFw
    I'm looking at this and trying to work out how you fit them? Do you fit them with the tyre either deflated or off???

If you rip off a valve stem, you just need to push the tyre in where the valve stem is and wiggle a new stem in from within, you don't have to take the tyre off the rim or is my memory from the early 80s when I used to this so way out of line now????

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Same same on the Colby Valves, thanks heaps Cuppa! Chose the extra short ones that need a socket or spanner to nip up.

God, unbelieve it - thats what I bought!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    @Cuppa I thought you had a TPMS wouldnt you just carry the valve centres and the tool to remove them.
    I have Valve caps that change colour with differing pressure @Clunk still going strong sitting on green.
    Might get a proper TPMS when I change tyres next. those Colby valves look the part.
    I always get who ever changes my tyres to fit the shortest rubber valve stem they can, save getting them broken by sticks or rocks
    When the time comes to get new tyres I'll consider drilling second holes in the rims just for the valve mounted TPMS, plus will fit short metal valve stems. Until then I'm stuck with rubber valve stems with the TPMS sensors screwed onto them ......... which potentially could get torn off in tight scrub. Hence the Colby's.

I had colour changing valve caps once. Can't recall the brand, but not cheapies. 3 out of 4 developed slow leaks & the company didn't want to know.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

threedogs (22nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    I'm looking at this and trying to work out how you fit them? Do you fit them with the tyre either deflated or off???

If you rip off a valve stem, you just need to push the tyre in where the valve stem is and wiggle a new stem in from within, you don't have to take the tyre off the rim or is my memory from the early 80s when I used to this so way out of line now????
    With the tyre deflated. No bead breaking required.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 427 of 564 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast