Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I bought a 3000w(6000w peak) pure sine wave inverter to charge my Makita batteries while I'm driving. I ordered it Friday, it arrived yesterday and was installed last night. On the way home today the batteries I flattened were thrown on it too charge and sure enough it works great. Ran a dual Port rapid charger with ease. It has a small digital panel on it too, which displays batteries voltage(not that important as I already have that displayed in several locations) but more importantly the current wattage draw.

https://au.vicoffroad.com/products/3...n-camping-boat

It was a bargain imho.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Nice Nic, I am looking at the same thing at the moment. Ghee the 3000/6000 is Massive for a makita charger. lol. it will get it done just fine. When we did Tassie in Jan 2020 i fitted a 1500/3000 pure sine wave i had had for a few years into the back of the GUIV and a 3rd battery specifically for the Makita charger so i could take the 18V Chainsaw. Worked a Treat! Did you fuse between your battery and the inverter? You have a Battery in the back yeah?
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 21st September 2021 at 09:32 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.