Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    There only so much "girls On trampolines" one man can handle..
    Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

I cant comment on what I want to say.....

I think maybe 4wd tv should go out driving with different locals and if they are total dicks they should pay out on them. lol !!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (25th October 2013), gaddy (25th October 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep it beats cooking shows and soapies but I guess the sponsors are the ones that pay the bills , I used to enjoy and watch it all the time . Guess I'm just not into comp trucks . Mud racing etc . And a colorado add every 5 min .

Could be worse though to make a top rating fishing show . All you gotta do is fish with guides , charter boats And get the missus to show cleavage . Does not make you a good fisher though ,
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gaddy For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (25th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on Pat Callinan's show once for about 20 seconds swimming in Dalhousie Springs, was not a pretty sight.
    Still cant believe it made it past the editors.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao they must have thought it was a new species of dugong lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

AB (25th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I was on Pat Callinan's show once for about 20 seconds swimming in Dalhousie Springs, was not a pretty sight.
    Still cant believe it made it past the editors.
    They do wonders with photoshop these days...lmao

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is an interesting problem. And an interesting question.

To give some perspective for you guys, Simon Christie started off filming his own antics and he developed a small show from there. If you have a look at the credits to will note the Production Company that produces 4WDTV is called Backyard Productions. Apt really considering that to this day it is literally produced in an Atco Shed in Simons Backyard in Brunswick. Small crib shed with 1 aircon and 5 blokes lined up looking at between 10 and 15 screens producing now 3 different TV shows!

4WDTV, Your 4x4 and Simon Christies Pro Tips.

To Broadcast on Community TV is not Free. I don't know the numbers but Channel 31 charge Simon to broadcast. Simon draws an income from the Sponsors Commercials to offset the coat of production and cost of Broadcasting.

Community TV is a bit tricky and there are a number of rules about Advertising that restricts blatant Adverts across the show. It can't be all about ARB this and ARB that or whoever the sponsor is.

They build the show around "expert" comments from Sponsors to embed the sponsors brand.

Note that most of he outback touring is with the Sponsors, most of them have sign writing on cars to bypass the channel 31 restrictions.

Note that there is a heap over this last season about the Simpson Crossing. They filmed the whole trip and achieved enough footage to produce a full series of shows. Same rule for the Tough Truck challenge they covered. Their sponsors need that coverage to support their product and get them in front of you.

It is what it is unfortunately. Simon has integrity though, he hand picks he sponsors and is not interested really in who has the deepest pockets. If their products are Crap I believe Simon will pass them by, I Know Roothy is happy to have his Name on Junk, I don't think Simon is the same.

Feel free to give Simon quality feedback, he will consider your feedback but he has to cover his costs. It's business but he is not selling his Sole.

The Vietnam footage and the Hawaii footage is the result of international trips to show us the world, it's got to provide at least a season of footage though or it's not cost effective. Some of that stuff is pretty interesting though and give us some insight into what the world is doing.

Thumbs up from me, I don't watch it every week and some of the stuff I can take it or leave I but Thanks Simon for your support of our community and our hobby, and Thanks Simon for the exposure you have provided to this Forum and the a setups and Your Rigs we have benefited from. Nice one.

My 2c
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (25th October 2013), BigRAWesty (25th October 2013), gaddy (25th October 2013), GU CAMPER (26th October 2013), megatexture (25th October 2013), mudnut (25th October 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (25th October 2013), NP99 (26th October 2013), threedogs (26th October 2013), TPC (25th October 2013), Woof (25th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    This is an interesting problem. And an interesting question.

To give some perspective for you guys, Simon Christie started off filming his own antics and he developed a small show from there. If you have a look at the credits to will note the Production Company that produces 4WDTV is called Backyard Productions. Apt really considering that to this day it is literally produced in an Atco Shed in Simons Backyard in Brunswick. Small crib shed with 1 aircon and 5 blokes lined up looking at between 10 and 15 screens producing now 3 different TV shows!

4WDTV, Your 4x4 and Simon Christies Pro Tips.

To Broadcast on Community TV is not Free. I don't know the numbers but Channel 31 charge Simon to broadcast. Simon draws an income from the Sponsors Commercials to offset the coat of production and cost of Broadcasting.

Community TV is a bit tricky and there are a number of rules about Advertising that restricts blatant Adverts across the show. It can't be all about ARB this and ARB that or whoever the sponsor is.

They build the show around "expert" comments from Sponsors to embed the sponsors brand.

Note that most of he outback touring is with the Sponsors, most of them have sign writing on cars to bypass the channel 31 restrictions.

Note that there is a heap over this last season about the Simpson Crossing. They filmed the whole trip and achieved enough footage to produce a full series of shows. Same rule for the Tough Truck challenge they covered. Their sponsors need that coverage to support their product and get them in front of you.

It is what it is unfortunately. Simon has integrity though, he hand picks he sponsors and is not interested really in who has the deepest pockets. If their products are Crap I believe Simon will pass them by, I Know Roothy is happy to have his Name on Junk, I don't think Simon is the same.

Feel free to give Simon quality feedback, he will consider your feedback but he has to cover his costs. It's business but he is not selling his Sole.

The Vietnam footage and the Hawaii footage is the result of international trips to show us the world, it's got to provide at least a season of footage though or it's not cost effective. Some of that stuff is pretty interesting though and give us some insight into what the world is doing.

Thumbs up from me, I don't watch it every week and some of the stuff I can take it or leave I but Thanks Simon for your support of our community and our hobby, and Thanks Simon for the exposure you have provided to this Forum and the a setups and Your Rigs we have benefited from. Nice one.

My 2c
    That is a bloody lot to try and read at this time on a Friday night.

EDIT- I read it and as AB said, well said. Makes me have a bit more respect for Simon.
    Last edited by TPC; 25th October 2013 at 10:54 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is really well said Dazz, good to put into perspective so others understand the story. Good read mate!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    That is a bloody lot to try and read at this time on a Friday night.
    Just hit thanks and read it later lol.

You summed it up well MR I can't see it being an easy job, fun yes but not easy.

I recall reading in a 4wdaction mag they said each video cost them over $100k to produce and I would believe it when you consider how many wages they pay, camera and photographers and fuel and they also said the advertising only covers 30% of the costs, I bet this blows Simons budget out the window.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In hindsight... Do we really want to see ads on this forum... No

But I have to have them here to support the forum otherwise there will be no forum.

Same story with Simon and Miranda.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast