OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DIESEL FUEL + 2T OIL = Superb performance?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i've read Highlander and it was 64 pages long lol, all diesels would benefit from the extra lubrication due to our poor quality diesel but i'm a little concerned about using it common rail diesels as they're apparently designed to withstand our diesel.

If you have a spare few days give this article a read it's quite interesting.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...eac07dd42a4fd6
    2008 GU6 ST 3.0 CRD Auto, 2" Lift, ARB Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Side Steps, Maxxis 980 A/T, Roof Rack.....................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    update went to Super cheap and brought a bottle of Castrol Active 2T ABOUT $13.
    tipped abit in so will see how it goes over the next few tank loads
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three dogs... Where have you been on this one.... I started using this about 6 months ago.... Fuel usuage is the same... but engine much quieter... Loving it.... I do 200mls to 35 litres.... (Second tank)
    Jason
    (06 ST 3ltr Auto,Snorkel,Dual Batteries,BFG MT KM2,Pillar pod with Autometer Boost & Pyro,Full NADS,Cargo Barrier,Donladson filters,digoptions double din & depo tail lights)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read it but not keen on additives in in engines then realised it it was a fuel additive, I use Wynnes injector cleaner and happy with that.
    cant see how it would improve my fuel figures, but any extra lubrication must be a good thing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
    What i've read Highlander and it was 64 pages long lol, all diesels would benefit from the extra lubrication due to our poor quality diesel but i'm a little concerned about using it common rail diesels as they're apparently designed to withstand our diesel.

If you have a spare few days give this article a read it's quite interesting.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/vi...eac07dd42a4fd6
    Cheers Dave, The impression I was getting from the thread was that the CRD's were geared up for the diesel but that the older engines weren't, which is why i thought that my Chev might benefit from it.... Spoke to our site mechanic and he said that it would improve the noises but couldn't see how it would improve performance. I will do it purely out of interest me thinks.
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    might be a placebo effect, as I struggle to find how it could possible improve economy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres some good info linked around from those links.
    I will post this here to help people to the info quicker.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Opti-Lube...7593100/g.html

From the reading I done so far it seems like it keeps a bunch of things cleaner than with out.
    Going to give it a go on my CRD.
    "For example, if you killed your grandfather, you'd cease to exist!"
    ―Professor Farnsworth
    "But existing is basically all I do!"
    ―Fry

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Spoke to our site mechanic and he said that it would improve the noises but couldn't see how it would improve performance. I will do it purely out of interest me thinks.
    I'm no mechanic but wouldn't it increase your performance a little if your engine parts are lubricated better and the internals were not needing to be pushed as hard which inturn the accelerator is not being pushed down as hard(friction) ???
    Last edited by Dave_H; 7th March 2014 at 04:35 PM.
    2008 GU6 ST 3.0 CRD Auto, 2" Lift, ARB Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Side Steps, Maxxis 980 A/T, Roof Rack.....................

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have trialled this at a mixture of 200 to 1 ratio with shell advance 2T probably over the last 18 months . Next to no difference in fuel economy but it starts easier in the colder winter months and idle rattle is reduced noticeably .One drawback for me is the exhaust odour is far stronger than without it , stopped using it in November for this reason but come winter I will be back on it for sure . Its a good thing me thinks .
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

mudski (7th October 2014), Rickie3 (10th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
    I'm no mechanic but wouldn't it increase your performance a little if your engine parts are lubricated better and the internals were not needing to be pushed as hard which inturn the accelerator is not being pushed down as hard(friction) ???
    According to him, it will quieten noisy rattles, having supplied more lubrication to worn parts, hence no real performance improvement... Having said that, it should follow that it should also extend the life of, however slightly, the affected parts.
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast