User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skytrek

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done it 3 times over the past 5 years and as a 4wd challenge it is OK if you are new to 4wding. However, for the money I would be disappointed if that was my main reason for doing it. The views and scenery are what does it for me, but at $70 per vehicle I don't think I'll be going back. First 2 trips were $45, and I split the last trip with a mate, $35.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I've done it 3 times over the past 5 years and as a 4wd challenge it is OK if you are new to 4wding. However, for the money I would be disappointed if that was my main reason for doing it. The views and scenery are what does it for me, but at $70 per vehicle I don't think I'll be going back. First 2 trips were $45, and I split the last trip with a mate, $35.
    Yer Tim X2 mate, my first time wheelin was skytrek and it was a buzzzz, and was as you said $45, been twice since, last trip was $75, getting a bit pricey but is still a great day out, theres a shooting range for the young fella while we have a few bevys i meen a bite to eat and plenty of top views and tracks. Would still do it again and recomend anyone who hasnt done it to do it.
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that the owners of Willow Springs aren’t going to renew their lease on The Bunkers Block, so Skytrek will most likely be re-directed away from the Loves Mine Range. I’m not sure when, but chances are that new operators will take on the Loves Mine Range track over Mt Caernarvon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

threedogs (8th September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The when is now! The old track to Mt Caernarvon is now open again with a new section to complete a loop solely on the Bunkers Conservation Reserve. At this stage it's only open on long weekends and for booking of 10 or more vehicles, but that could change in the future. Cost is $60/vehicle.
    www.caernarvontrack.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (8th September 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (8th September 2013), threedogs (8th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MrsTea & I did Skytrek a couple of years ago with friends in their motorhome.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,714 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when I was younger we used to go all up through there and it was free, just tell the owners, same as wilpena pound, free to go but was relatively cheap to camp there.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12