Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Globes Globes LEDS

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Again I'm happy with the output of my globes and I'm sure there are heaps of brighter options available
    @ $900 no way I would be buying them ,but interested in seeing what they look like. LED technology has come along in leaps and bounds over the last year or so.
    My globes are 3 years old now and if I come across a suitable replacement at the right price I'd certainly be looking at them, but for now I'm happy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Every globe in my Patrol is LED, love it
    T10 are the small wedge and T20 are the larger wedge, front T20 need to have wires on both sides as its a dual filament.
    Meaning its gets brighter when you put on your indicator.
    Tip buy white globes for red reflector {brake}
    If that be the case that every globe is LED, what quantity, type and lumens are dash lights mate?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im just waiting on my white face instrument dials to arrive then with the dash out I'll be fitting T10 red led's
    Mudski has blue fitted , looks great b but I was told red is easier on the eyes at night,
    T10 are small wedge style same on the side of your front guards like these, dash are different
    You can buy a pkt of 10 on Ebay for $2-$3 very affordable no idea on lumens but have a dimmer if too bright.
    @ Winnie a bit late but any of the leds with that magnified end on them have a cut off point exactly like projector lights
    Even my camp lights are the same I brought magnified lens for them and ended up throwing them in the Murray as they shortened the beam
    as you can see from my box of globes I just haven't brought one and said that's great, I've tried heaps of different globes trying to get the brightest globe I can to my liking. only one I had trouble with was the amber front indicator, found heaps of amber led globes that are great at night but useless during the day, more searching required but ATM I cant be bothered
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 2nd November 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Clunk (8th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey TD, did you have any issues with your rear tail/brake replacement LEDs........ The ones in my previous post turned up but I ordered the ones with the Bay15d bayonet instead of Ba15s so obviously can't use them for reverse. So was gonna use the as my tail /brake instead but the only come on when braking and not when I switch the lights on. Not sure if i need to get a couple of load resistors to get them working....... Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Hey TD, did you have any issues with your rear tail/brake replacement LEDs........ The ones in my previous post turned up but I ordered the ones with the Bay15d bayonet instead of Ba15s so obviously can't use them for reverse. So was gonna use the as my tail /brake instead but the only come on when braking and not when I switch the lights on. Not sure if i need to get a couple of load resistors to get them working....... Any ideas?
    Bump for TD, or anyone who knows

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe spray some inox into the holder and work the spring inside by pushing the contacts into the housing, making sure it springs back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I'm no expert in this subject but I would think you are not running the equivalent of your tail lights in those globes.
    As I remember the tail/brake light lens has two contacts, one to activate the tail lights, one for the brake lights.
    Does the one you installed have the two contacts?

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    Maybe spray some inox into the holder and work the spring inside by pushing the contacts into the housing, making sure it springs back.
    its all clean mate, first thing I always do

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    I'm no expert in this subject but I would think you are not running the equivalent of your tail lights in those globes.
    As I remember the tail/brake light lens has two contacts, one to activate the tail lights, one for the brake lights.
    Does the one you installed have the two contacts?
    definitely the correct ones, bayonet with 2 contacts and the lugs are of unequal distance from the base. Picture below shows the difference between all 3, BA15S, BA15D & BAY15D

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you check each contact with a test lead? Seems a bit weird. I thought they were a straight swap and it was just the indicators that needed a relay/inline resistor.....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast