Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mickey T's ATZ2's, thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard some not so good things of late about the batches of km2's coming threw either.
    I guess it's a personal pick in the end.
    I've never had an issue with coopers... But hear them get bashed a lot..
    Hear people rave about wranglers. I'll be lucky if my wranglers ht's see 30 thou.. Lol

I originally was going to go a desert dueler, but they only go up to 31"..
    So is saying that the general grabber is a similar pattern.
    Hmmmm. Decision decision..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    I paid less for my BFG muddies.

If you move to 33's, consider a 10.5 inch tyre. Less rolling resistance will mean you lose less power turning the larger diameter wheels......doesn't sound much but it makes a difference especially if you're not running a turbo.
    How do you find side wall roll on road threw cornering.
    I was hoping to use a 33x10.5 And keep my 15x7 rims. But have been told not to by dealers due to a tall narrow tyre will roll more than a 12.5 on a 8" rim.
    Whether Its trying on a sale, that's why I'm searching.. Lol
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    How do you find side wall roll on road threw cornering.
    I was hoping to use a 33x10.5 And keep my 15x7 rims. But have been told not to by dealers due to a tall narrow tyre will roll more than a 12.5 on a 8" rim.
    Whether Its trying on a sale, that's why I'm searching.. Lol
    Mate, that is total BS. At 38-40 psi they're as good as gold. A mate if mine swapped his BFG AT's for KM2's on his Prado (that is also a daily) and reckons they handle better.
    Ask some of the Vic lads, the way I dirt road rally between tracks in my GQ (4 wheel drift around corners) at 20psi I've not rolled one off the rim.
    I say they stock 12.5's and are giving you bad advice so the don't have to order 10.5's....,,

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I'm not necessarily saying KM2's are the answer either because their quality is a bit questionable at the moment. More that 10.5 is a better width for your vehicle ATM.
    Perhaps for sand driving wider is better......dunno, I can't speak to that because we do bugger all sand driving here in Vic.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't comment on brands but picture this , a tyre rep says to the tyre shop I got 50 of xyz tyre in this size to clear I.ll sell them to you for $50.00 less then usual cost . Our tyre shop drops the sell price $10 throws in a balance and alignment. they will push what ever the supplier is giving them .

Steve
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gaddy For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (23rd October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    BTW, I'm not necessarily saying KM2's are the answer either because their quality is a bit questionable at the moment. .
    I've heard from the tyre joint that some dodgy shops are selling parallel or grey imports of the KM2 for a cheaper price. These are usually made in Asia somewhere where the proper KM2 will be made in US of A and will last twice as long as the Asian ones....Not sure how true it but it is feasible .

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    I've heard from the tyre joint that some dodgy shops are selling parallel or grey imports of the KM2 for a cheaper price. These are usually made in Asia somewhere where the proper KM2 will be made in US of A and will last twice as long as the Asian ones....Not sure how true it but it is feasible .
    The block I bought mine from said the same thing. Plus I had seen it online before too. I got the USA ones
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    I've heard similar, they are using Asian companies to top up world demand. But that's that, km2's are out of the price range..

Yea drew they will have to order the 10.5's in. It seems they don't hold much stock as he rang suppliers for all those prices..
    I might try some other little towns and get prices..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing , I have about 6 tyre shops all within half a k . Got my prices went to the k mart auto . Turned out they could order any brand . Bar micky thompson And beat the others pricing . As they are part of coles ie west farmers their buying power is massive !
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaddy View Post
    Another thing , I have about 6 tyre shops all within half a k . Got my prices went to the k mart auto . Turned out they could order any brand . Bar micky thompson And beat the others pricing . As they are part of coles ie west farmers their buying power is massive !
    Yea I won't use them on principle..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast