Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=macca;437062]
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    most small town salaries are $70-100,000 QUOTE]

I know you said most, I seriously doubt 70K is the starting pay here. More like 30 - 35K, we are not a wealthy town

As for a persons wealth, if you bought a home 10 - 15 years ago the appreciation has been ridiculous and that same property is getting close to that median that Swisse are talking about. Our house block cost $22K in 1988 and would have been close to $300K at the peak, to me the figures are a bit open to interpretation. I would not be able to buy our place now.
    Very interesting.
    So if we accept that the 30 000 AUD is annual salary in the not wealthy town. It is mean that monthly - 2 500 AUD.
    5000 AUD if two adults is working. For example family have 2 children.
    Is this money enough for basic family life needs?
    Last edited by Wine_maker; 18th October 2013 at 03:40 PM.
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were discussing this at work today im a sales rep in the grocery industry and have managed supermarkets before that I believe that we are in a false economy and have not had a global financial crisis yet but it is coming and its going to hurt a lot of people . Today's young adults have to have the latest gadgets cars jet skis etc and go into hock . to buy it interest free for 2 years but after that the the interest rate might be 20 percent wonder why they can't aford a house deposit . If you do the sums the price of property has pretty much increased with wages except for a spike about ten years ago .
    To me its all about your priorities in life some grab opportunity and some could not be bothered , they let us tax payers pay there way .
    How did I get here from s dumped car photo .its Friday and I need a beer
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123