Thread: rb25/30 conversion

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah it was in a shorty. The lower tune gave him 285hp at wheels (210kw). I think on the higher tune it would do about 330hp or so.
    I was pretty sure it was a wagon but that sounds like the one
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    There was an article on a rb30 GQ in a 4wd action mag about 2 years ago. Sorry I can't remember much other than it was black lol. It may have had a big "mannel motors" sticker down the side. It ran two computers so could be switched between full power or a bit more economy mode. It had something like 220kw at the wheels on 37s........
    Here's the article:
    http://www.4wdaction.com.au/articles/2010/black-magic
    Hello from Under Down Under!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (16th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Im not, but they do have limitatons like everything. Wanting to keep a rb reliable with a stock bottom end I wouldn't be exceeding 400hp at the treads.

An RB30 in a patrol has a lot more strain on it than that of one in a skyline or VL. Larger tyres, much larger diffs and drive train losses and about 1 tonne of extra weight to push around.

The OP goals are realisitic goal (at 300hp) and will be a very usable figure for a patrol. Research is key here though as the setup will be a little different to that of a street car. A build like this should be well thought out and built accordingly. There is a vast difference between something that is built and something that has just got bolt on add ons. Im not claiming to know a lot about these motors but time taken now will see you very satisfied.
    The op did say he was doing the bottom end and i never said to him to leave the block high comp but its been done and have it seen first hand.

Your right about researching tho and thats why the op has asked the question here and i gave hime an answer from my experience.

My comment was to you and not the op's post lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think im goin to go wit the gtx3071r with the tial 0.63 housing haltech ps2000 ecu and maybe either a tial 38mm or turbosmart 38mm wastegate. anyone know which wastegate is better. and what ya reckon about the setup??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerpfl View Post
    I think im goin to go wit the gtx3071r with the tial 0.63 housing haltech ps2000 ecu and maybe either a tial 38mm or turbosmart 38mm wastegate. anyone know which wastegate is better. and what ya reckon about the setup??
    What i know about the GTX style turbos is that the compressor wheel has been re designed to spool up faster and produced more stable boost. I've heard good things about the tial wastegate but saying that most of older tuners use them coz they have been around for a while, personally i have a 38mm turbosmart pro gate which i have yet to fit up to my toy but from memory flowed more that the tial and was a bit more compact. From experience i had a Malpassi FPR that couldn't cope with my fuel system but soon as i fitted up the Turbosmart unit i haven't had any problems since plus they're aussie made.

With your ECU i've had friends using Haltech's any they have been happy but i have played around with the Apexi power fc in my brothers r32 gtr and straight out of the box the have a couple of good base maps to run the motor before you get a full matrix style tune for it. If your looking for a factory performance tuned ECU for EPA Reasons keep an eye out for a Nismo Mines ECU, they have different fuel trim maps from the standard with deleted fuel cut off speed limiter and the 12psi boost cut off that the standard ecu has.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I prob gonna go with an aftermarket ecu straight out cause if I get bored with the trol which I doubt would be ever but then I want to create a sick drifter so I wont have to purchase one later you know what I mean so u recommend going with the turbo smart wastegate but I found a tial 38mm with screamer pipe in gumtree for 250 wat u think

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerpfl View Post
    Yeah I prob gonna go with an aftermarket ecu straight out cause if I get bored with the trol which I doubt would be ever but then I want to create a sick drifter so I wont have to purchase one later you know what I mean so u recommend going with the turbo smart wastegate but I found a tial 38mm with screamer pipe in gumtree for 250 wat u think
    If you want a cheap drift car just get a S13 and fit a stock rb20det in it, i've had mine skating at 140km/h lol ( thats not my toy tho ) the wastegate i recommend you go new coz if it faulty you will loose your money if it second hand. Personally i don't like screamer pipes coz it sounds like a big air leak and i would have it plumbed back into the zorst for 2 reasons, 1 i don't want flames under my car to light up say a oil leak, and 2 you could start a fire when your offrd. So its really up to you tho which way you want to go

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah true that... ty. Hey I just bought a gtx3071r with the tial dual vband housing what kind of exhaust manifold should I be looking for is it t3 or t4 flanged ones I really dont get this turbo stuff its doing my head in

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the guy at sonic performance reckons the turbo doesnt come with t3 or t4 flange I dont know

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know where i can get an rb25 exhaust manifold with wastegate outlet with a vband flange for the turbo and wastegate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast