User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ironman roof rack problem

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for staining on the paintwork... there is a bit of rust stain on the paint that I haven't tried to clean off yet but the paint on that truck is so bad, chipped, faded, clear coat peeled that I'm not so concerned with. NP99 yes they are imported, I know this because when I ordered it from the 4wd place ( I didn't get it from Ironman direct) they sold me one they didn't have and found out there were none in the country, I was desperate to have it before last Christmas so the owner of the place I got it arranged to be waiting at Iron man when they opened the shipping container.
    Im planning to fit this to my new (used) GU that Im picking up Sunday and if it happens again you can bet you will hear me yell from the other side of the country.
    The batch it came from arrived in the country December 2012. If you got one around that time PLEASE KEEP CHECKING FOR IT. It will clear one day and rusty the next.
    Dan
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewDan For This Useful Post:

NP99 (16th October 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Maybe it was a batch left out at in the weather some stage.
    Once again good to see Iron man come to the party
    What it ended up being was a small number in a batch where the plugs weren't siliconed in.

We initiated a change to ensure all the plugs are siliconed in before shipping. This has alleviated the issues of water getting in past the plugs.

Though if you really are concerned about it you can double check by removing them and re-siliconing them in yourself to ensure nothing is going to get in! (not that you should now need to)

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman 4x4 View Post
    What it ended up being was a small number in a batch where the plugs weren't siliconed in. We initiated a change to ensure all the plugs are siliconed in before shipping. This has alleviated the issues of water getting in past the plugs. Though if you really are concerned about it you can double check by removing them and re-siliconing them in yourself to ensure nothing is going to get in! (not that you should now need to) Cheers, Matt Ironman 4x4
    Would that now mean that the rack will rust from the inside out given the corrosion process has already started internally?
    I reckon I'd want a new rack.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12