OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Members Dwellingup Sleepover 5/6/13 - YES IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Talking WA Members Dwellingup Sleepover 5/6/13 - YES IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it appears that somehow I managed to get trip report duties for some reason, so here goes.

Now you all know I'm not one to have a lot to say, so I'll keep it brief.............

Well after all good intentions and getting the car mostly packed up on the Friday, leaving only a couple of bits and pieces to get loaded on the roof on the Saturday morning, got up and out of bed at the arse crack of dawn all very excited that the day has finally arrived and that this will indeed be the very first time that all five of the Clunk clan will be out bush camping.
    "But you and your family have been camping before Clunk!!!!????" I here you say......... and yes you would be correct but that was before the boy arrived and was on someones property, so camping it was but not completely away from it all type camping!!!!!

Anyway, I digress....... loaded up the car, woke up the rest of the clan, re-checked the fluids that I'd check the day before (can never be too careful you know). Soooo the plan was to leave the house no later than 8:00am, so that I'd arrive in Dwellingup (10:00am meet up time) with plenty of time to spare, well that was the plan but unbeknownst to me the kids had other plans and were determined that we would not leave any sooner that 8:30am. Weather had turned overcast and drizzle started to fall........ off we trundled on our merry way.

So we're about an hour into the journey and I get an sms off Rustyboner, saying that he had wet the bed and decided to get there early but I reckon he must have shat the bed because i think he said he had actually arrived there not long after 8am..... I know he was looking forward to this but damn mate!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in Dwellingup bang on at the aforementioned meet up time and to my surprise, I was the last one to arrive, Stropp, Oncedisturbed &missus, Rustyboner81 and WA 489 & clan were there waiting........ kids had a quick pee stop and got to briefly see the Hoffman Steam strain, which was pretty cool........ I believe Stropp took a couple of photos the 5 of us all lined up.

Stropp had actually arrived at the campsite on the Friday but was good enough to come and meet us and lead us all in, seeing as none of us had been there before. Apparently he was leading us in through the the quick route but I'm sure I saw the same tree on more than 2 occasions and we seemed to go in one very very long loop, heading North, then West, then South, the East. During that time, the rain decided to fall, then , stop, then fall some more but I wasn't going to let it put me off because unlike some, I have complete faith in our weather forecasters!!!!!

After just over another hour or so of driving, we finally arrived at camp to find Doggy and Fatboy (with missus) keeping guard of a nice little camp fire. Parked up then we all set to our own task of setting up camp in our carefully chosen spots. I've decided that I'm really going to have to invest in 1) an awning and 2) one of those large family quick set up tents. Had to wait until there was a break in the weather in order to set up my Taj Mahal of a dome tent, which Rusty, OD & Missus came to our aid and we had it erected just in time for the next little down pour. My 2 girls went off in search of WA 489's girls, which was good, as it gave me and the missus time to get stuff sorted.

After everything was set up it was time to relax and catch up with the rest of the members.
    I must apologies for the quality of photos but once again the missus failed miserably in her one and only duty and forgot the camera!!!!

the Old Guard, Stropp & Doggy

WA489 giving us a brief demonstration in the dangers of playing with fire....... this happened to be the on going theme of the evening

OD thought it looked like a lot of fun, so he wanted to have a go too........ and Doggy proving that he can indeed wear and upside down frown but it sure does look painful!!!!!!!

Chez WA489..................... now my missus wants a camper/trailer

Chez Clunk Mahal............... yes a trailer/camper would be a good idea

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doggy doesn't love me anymore

"Woof woof woof".......... "Be quiet Doggy!!!!!"
    Last edited by Clunk; 6th October 2013 at 10:17 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

93patrol (6th October 2013), AB (7th October 2013), Avo (6th October 2013), GUtsy ute (6th October 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (7th October 2013), Rustyboner81 (6th October 2013), Woof (6th October 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ever seen the Dawn of the Dead?????????? It's really scary

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

AB (7th October 2013), Avo (10th October 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (7th October 2013), Stropp (6th October 2013), Woof (6th October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suffice to say, our weekend wasn't about the 4wding, as we didn't get up to any......... it was all about meeting up with new people (Fatboy & missus) and getting to better know the ones I've met already.

Thanks to all to those who came and made it a great weekend for me and my family................................

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, when's the next one!!!!!!!????????? hahahahahahaha

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

AB (7th October 2013), afatboy (25th October 2013), Avo (6th October 2013), GUtsy ute (6th October 2013), Stropp (7th December 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oh and by the way, i think it only fair that one of the crew who arrived on Friday should write their account........................................ hey Doggy!!!!!!???????

P.S. my apologies but thats all the pics I've got, the others were way too blurry

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much to say???? Great job mate and i was only an hour early so i had breakfast at the blue wren
    '92 (MIGHTY) GQ ST 3.0L Duel Petrol / LPG, 2" Pedders Suspension Lift on 33x12.5x15 BigHorns
    Lukey 2.5" Performance Exhaust with Extractors, snorkel
    Auto Lokka In The Front, Duel Batteries, Stiff Deep Dish Steering Wheel,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyboner81 View Post
    Not much to say???? Great job mate and i was only an hour early so i had breakfast at the blue wren
    so what about yours and Stropps shenanigans today, what ya get up to????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no footage but i lost my front number plate
    '92 (MIGHTY) GQ ST 3.0L Duel Petrol / LPG, 2" Pedders Suspension Lift on 33x12.5x15 BigHorns
    Lukey 2.5" Performance Exhaust with Extractors, snorkel
    Auto Lokka In The Front, Duel Batteries, Stiff Deep Dish Steering Wheel,

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers clunk,I'm sure the others will put some more pics up aswell.To everyone that came along..Was great to meet up.And get on it......just a little,atleast after the first couple of drinks the pain eased...who would have thought that alfoil got hot so quick on the fire...DOH....anyway a drop of the good oil sorted it out.......And the pizza in the campoven was tasty too...other than that it was pretty quiet and a tidy affair.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Clunk (6th October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thats because we were on our best behaviour mate!!!!! lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    oh and by the way, i think it only fair that one of the crew who arrived on Friday should write their account........................................ hey Doggy!!!!!!???????
    Ok, met up with Fatboy and Jodie at the Dwelly Pub, well actually the Visitor Centre and we headed of the find the campsite.
    Was a bit worried but finally found it, we were going to camp at Feral Flats but it was under water, which turned out great because we had the upper campsite to ourselves so we did not have to put up with any ferals...............that was until the Possum Poacher from down South arrived on Saturday..LMAO
    Set up camp, got the chainsaw going, got some bloody great wood then chilled out around the fire.

Had a bloody ripper of a weekend, really great to finally meet everyone....................Yep, when is the next one?????????????????????????
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

93patrol (6th October 2013), AB (7th October 2013), afatboy (25th October 2013), Avo (6th October 2013), Clunk (6th October 2013), GUtsy ute (7th October 2013), Rustyboner81 (7th October 2013)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast