Hi guy,
I'm a little worried that my patrol's turbo is sick. I noticed the issues the other day coming home from a trip out with the kids, coming up a little hill the EGT started to climb over 500c and the boost spiked to about 25 psi. At first I thought it was the chip( Chip it ) so I disconnect it and tried driving it again but the problem was still there. Low revs high EGT constant boost.
I pull the vacuum hose off the actuator to open the waste gate to try and reduce the pressure on the turbo, no power.
There is a problem with my accelerator were it either has no go for the first 1/4 or it will ideal at about 2000rpm.
I call Nissan customer care and they haven't released to recall yet and won't until they have solid ground on what is causing the problem.
When I got home I loaded a new tune( tune 5 )onto the chip thinking that tune 7 was to agro, but it made no difference.
Is it normal for the vacuum hose to be sucking at all time even with no load on the engine?

$700 to replace the accelerator which they will refund if that is the part that gets recalled.

I'm thinking of taking it in to Cooma diesel for a full diagnosis.

Worst part about all this it's a long weekend and I'll be with out my patrol, sorry kids!!!!