OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: 07 ZD30 GU Constantly boosting..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

07 ZD30 GU Constantly boosting..

Hi guy,
    I'm a little worried that my patrol's turbo is sick. I noticed the issues the other day coming home from a trip out with the kids, coming up a little hill the EGT started to climb over 500c and the boost spiked to about 25 psi. At first I thought it was the chip( Chip it ) so I disconnect it and tried driving it again but the problem was still there. Low revs high EGT constant boost.
    I pull the vacuum hose off the actuator to open the waste gate to try and reduce the pressure on the turbo, no power.
    There is a problem with my accelerator were it either has no go for the first 1/4 or it will ideal at about 2000rpm.
    I call Nissan customer care and they haven't released to recall yet and won't until they have solid ground on what is causing the problem.
    When I got home I loaded a new tune( tune 5 )onto the chip thinking that tune 7 was to agro, but it made no difference.
    Is it normal for the vacuum hose to be sucking at all time even with no load on the engine?

$700 to replace the accelerator which they will refund if that is the part that gets recalled.

I'm thinking of taking it in to Cooma diesel for a full diagnosis.

Worst part about all this it's a long weekend and I'll be with out my patrol, sorry kids!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $800 later all sorted and running like a dream thanks to the guys at Cooma diesel. Dawes valve fitted and boosted tapped to 15psi

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just for the record what exhaust do you have and is the egr blocked
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 in exhaust and the EGR is blocked. The problem was the turbo control valve.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so the actual problem would have been the 3" exhaust not enough back pressure.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tend to agree with 07 the CR seem to like the 2.75" over the 3" system.
    But the CR are more tolerant of over boost issues. Good to hear you have it sorted.
    The Patrol recall is for the TPS from what I hear, it caused patrols to stall
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there