Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed MudMap Customer missed out on Upgrade

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason ( oncedisturbed ) are you still testing their products for them?
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Westy....
    Only last year a mate of mine got a RAW deal from Cooper Tyres and I set up a social media campaign against them. He got a full new set of five ST Max tyres, fitted and balanced within 3 months. I set up a Facebook page and there were a bunch of other pissed off Cooper consumers for the very same reason as ours.
    If you search Facebook for Cooper Tyres don't stand by their product you can still find my page.....still doing damage after they asked me to take it down. Thing is, it still exists and I've tried to remove it. Big brand damage.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what platform are you guys running this software on?
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    what platform are you guys running this software on?
    iOS........
    But that is not relevant

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    What a crock! Like I said before, the idea I paid $150.....thats one hundred and fifty dollars NOT FIVE DOLLARS for an app that within 4 months was to have no further development and to be replaced by a better featured app made by the same people but with a different name so there was no upgrade and they could wring another wad of cash from fools like me who bought the original program.
    If this remains the status quo then the bunch of thieving pr!ks at that organisation will be having a date with consumer affairs.
    There is a reasonable expectation when I pay 150 for an app that it will continue to be developed.
    MM say they are separate apps with different feature sets, I don't see a problem with that, a lot of developers have more than one program that do roughly the same thing......

So have they said they are no longer supporting MMHD???

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MudMap (30th September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    MM say they are separate apps with different feature sets, I don't see a problem with that, a lot of developers have more than one program that do roughly the same thing......

So have they said they are no longer supporting MMHD???
    That is BS IMO. That is what they have told me. That is a cop-out.
    I paid less than 60 bucks for TomTom for my iPhone 3 years ago and it continues with ongoing feature development.
    MudMap say they have changed their app now to a new one and there is no ongoing development of new features (but it is updated....supposedly)
    Not an issue if I've paid bugger all for the app but when I fork out $150, 3 months beforehand I reckon that is a total rip-off.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can no longer purchase the MMHD app.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a very reasonable bloke, and if they said to me you can upgrade for $50, I would be OK with that. But to say there is a rebate that is not mentioned anywhere at all (that I can find) on their website....seems more than a bit disingenious for mine.
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 29th September 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be pissed 2 drew but is that really any different from buying for example a $2000 canon camera and the week after cannon releasing a new version with more features?

I'm guessing there was no chatter about MM releasing a newer version before they released it
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 29th September 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I would be pissed 2 drew but is that really any different from buying for example a $2000 canon camera and the week after cannon releasing a new version with more features?

I'm guessing there was no chatter about MM releasing a newer version before they released it
    I think it is. If I buy a camera I'm fully aware of the product life cycle. With apps it is different.
    Even with cheap-arse apps there is an expectation they will continue to be developed. As I said earlier, if I paid $5 or $10 for an app then I would fully expect to "suck it up" but $150 is at the top end of things as far as apps go and I think for that money there is a reasonable expectation that it won't be immediately superseded.
    This is the same view consumer affairs has taken in relation to Apple fulfilling their warrant obligations beyond their statutory 12 month warranty.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (30th September 2013)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast