Thread: I Need help with my timing plzzz

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Need help with my timing plzzz

I just bought a SWB GQ patrol, it was running like crap, so my brother in law said it would more then likely be the points.. great, I went and bought everything so he could walk me through the change, however, after doing everything and pulling things apart, we found out it has a upgraded electronic ignition. so ive put everything back together and said it must be your timing, but by this stage, he is over it and now doesn't want to help me, so I have a car I cant even start or drive to the mechanics.. can anyone help me with either a manual of some sort or a video link to what I should do? im at the stage where I have lined everything up and now just trying to line the dizzy up to get her to start..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshplowe View Post
    I just bought a SWB GQ patrol, it was running like crap, so my brother in law said it would more then likely be the points.. great, I went and bought everything so he could walk me through the change, however, after doing everything and pulling things apart, we found out it has a upgraded electronic ignition. so ive put everything back together and said it must be your timing, but by this stage, he is over it and now doesn't want to help me, so I have a car I cant even start or drive to the mechanics.. can anyone help me with either a manual of some sort or a video link to what I should do? im at the stage where I have lined everything up and now just trying to line the dizzy up to get her to start..

Here you go mate, your answer will be there for sure, sorry i only play with TD42s Your TB42 should not be very hard though. Oh Brotherly Love!! can suck big time.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.0fyIRn8QH3U
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshplowe View Post
    Hey Josh,

We are a friendly bunch mate, please post up an Introduction thread before asking another question. Not hard and much better to start with "G'day mate"
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (29th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate. Yea jump over to the intros and you may have a local member able to lend a hand.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is also possible that the electronic ignition module or coil is faulty. Can you borrow another coil to try? Is all the wiring in good clean condition?
    Hello from Under Down Under!