OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOPRO Problems/issues , have you had any ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    I have heard about fake cards, my card is a Scandisk, purchased from a aussie store so hope its genuine ?

Are you talking about a factory reset sending the camera away, or just use the camera menu restore factory settings ?
    Hopefully your card is legit. For how much they cost it wouldnt hurt trying a new one. I use one of those ultra sandisk ones.
    Yea i meant a reset on the camera.
    Is there a way you could message go pro and see if your issues are known problems?
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Hopefully your card is legit. For how much they cost it wouldnt hurt trying a new one. I use one of those ultra sandisk ones. ?
    My card is a Scandisk class 10 64gb , so not actually that cheap to replace, i did test another SD card when i first got the gopro, it didn't make much difference, although that was with the old software that i think everyone agreed was pretty dodge.

Yea i meant a reset on the camera.
    Is there a way you could message go pro and see if your issues are known problems?
    Updating the software should reset the camera anyway ?, and i think ive attempted that about 6 times so far to get it all to work as it should.

I have not had much success messaging them in the past, but i guess i could try and contact them about my issues ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dig around in here mate -

http://www.goproforums.com
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having read through a heap of pages on the link from np99, all I can say from what is on that forum is that, update to the newest software, wipe your memory card using the camera and don't let the battery die, will/should fix most issues.
    I don't really like that forum tbh, the people on there seem childish and annoying from the threads I have read. M2cw

I'm not 100% but I think the reason it won't play or copy files from the camera to your phone is because it will on play or copy a select few compatible formats. If the phone can't play it, it won't copy it.

There's also an update for the iPhone app from yesterday so I'm guessing the camera has 1 too?
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lhurley For This Useful Post:

04OFF (2nd October 2013), NP99 (1st October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good summary Hurls.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having read through a heap of pages on the link from np99, all I can say from what is on that forum is that, update to the newest software, wipe your memory card using the camera and don't let the battery die, will/should fix most issues.
    I don't really like that forum tbh, the people on there seem childish and annoying from the threads I have read. M2cw

I'm not 100% but I think the reason it won't play or copy files from the camera to your phone is because it will on play or copy a select few compatible formats. If the phone can't play it, it won't copy it.

There's also an update for the iPhone app from yesterday so I'm guessing the camera has 1 too?

Thanks mate, i have the latest software (but will re-check now you say more was released yesterday)

Im getting a new SD card today.

Will try and "only" wipe card with camera (as have used PC to format a few times)

Not letting the battery die is a hard one, ill try but i can't promise (lol)

As for the Ph, my phone can play the video no problem (if its saved as low res) , if you go into "my gopro album" it will show and save, each and every video, but will only keep and play the last one you rip , it will also not keep this video in the phone so you can watch later without the gopro.

Thanks for the help/ideas so far guys.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    04OFF - mate, you can also get larger amp batteries that give a tad more life. Also can get car chargers for when on the road.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (2nd October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    04OFF - mate, you can also get larger amp batteries that give a tad more life. Also can get car chargers for when on the road.

Yeh, ive already got 5 batteries, 2 car chargers etc, and the gopro battery life is just fine anyway, "if", i could just turn it on and it worked, but as i mentioned before, i will oftern waste so much of the battery just getting the preview to work, then adjusting the camera position etc, by the time you actually start recording what you want, the battery is half gone.

Not wanting to move the camera or have to turn the camera off, i dont fit a new battery, for fear of having to start everything all over again.

Ill try the new SD card out this weekend, will have to put software on the new card ,so will 100% have the latest software update.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

NP99 (2nd October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do i upload video to the forum? i tried and it just sat there waiting for AB to say yes for about half an hour ( maybe he was busy!) anyway it didn't load just kept up the old waiting for the forum, is there an easier way to load the video?
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stropp, open up a youtube account mate, upload the video to you tube, then copy the URL to here.......... easy peasy lemon squeezy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Stropp (2nd October 2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast