OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOPRO Problems/issues , have you had any ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question GOPRO Problems/issues , have you had any ?

OK, so id like to know if any of you that own Gopro hero 3 cameras, have had any issues with camera and related software ?

A few of my main concerns........

Mine does NOT very often generate a live "preview" ,once connected using wifi connection to a phone (2 samsung & 2 apple devices tested , with latest software update on cam & ph), saving video from the camera to device will only work on low res, and will only save one video (will show icons for many more).

Attempting software update (gopro website) is painfull, does not recognise camera first go, sometimes takes a hour of trying.

I also have curruption issues with the SD card, Gopro does not often fix files (as is should) when recording is interupted due to a flat battery.

While im no computer tech nerd, im very confident its not just user error, for the record ,I own 2 DSLR still cameras, 4 laptops, plus i have filmed and fully edited & produced a DVD, yet, ive honestly never had so much hassle with any media/electronic recording device than with my Gopro !

Id like to know if ive just got a dud camera, or if these things really just don't work quite how they should, PLEASE REPLY here, as i will buy another camera if you guys all say yours work 100% perfect !
    Last edited by 04OFF; 29th September 2013 at 11:34 AM.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is an article on the web about a batch of dud cameras.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with mine mate.. It updates easy and works fine.. The WiFi to your Phone, Ipad etc will never be full live time it will always have a delay :-( More for camera set up than anything else! I have no problem saving footage to my phone from my go pro.. I have the Hero 3 black... If you think yours is a dud is it still under warranty?

Lewy
    GU ST-L 4.2 turbo diesel Because reliability counts!!!!!
    Front Elocker and a Heep more cool stuff :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only issue I have with mine is that it sometimes takes a long time and a few goes for the computer to recognise that it is plugged in. and I cant get to play back movies plugged into the tv
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewy View Post
    I have no problem with mine mate.. It updates easy and works fine.. The WiFi to your Phone, Ipad etc will never be full live time it will always have a delay :-( More for camera set up than anything else! I have no problem saving footage to my phone from my go pro.. I have the Hero 3 black... If you think yours is a dud is it still under warranty?

Lewy
    Just to confirm, im not talking about the image time delay, i actually get NO preview , the camera connects just fine via the wifi, i can turn on/off and change settings, but preview is rare to work .

Are you saying your preview works first go every go without fail ?

And how many times have you used the preview function ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Well on my iPhone I never have any trouble with it connecting. Some times it's a little slow to get connected but when it is it works fine! I use the preview ever time that I have used the camera. Only had a few hours use (if that) mainly with it strapped to the dogs! LoL.
    GU ST-L 4.2 turbo diesel Because reliability counts!!!!!
    Front Elocker and a Heep more cool stuff :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is a pain to update, but I have a feeling that might be due to me using a Mac? But I just download the update and put it on the card and get the camera to do it.
    As for the preview, i have only had issues with it prior to the the new update. Since updating it's been fine. I've used it a bunch of times. It is slow sometimes but by the time I have finished talking or setting up the mount it's ready.

Before you go and get a new one I would reset it factory and try a different card (non eBay) and see how you go. If it's still dodgy the get a new one.

Ps I have a hero 3 black
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    the only issue I have with mine is that it sometimes takes a long time and a few goes for the computer to recognise that it is plugged in. and I cant get to play back movies plugged into the tv
    Are you using a HDMI cable?
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-po...g-problem.html

This was the link that alluded to the dud batch?......
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (30th September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Before you go and get a new one I would reset it factory and try a different card (non eBay) and see how you go. If it's still dodgy the get a new one.

Ps I have a hero 3 black
    I have heard about fake cards, my card is a Scandisk, purchased from a aussie store so hope its genuine ?

Are you talking about a factory reset sending the camera away, or just use the camera menu restore factory settings ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast